Skill of Nilfur
The Skill of Nilfur is a recipe for Kanai's Cube that converts a set item into another item from the same set. The roll is entirely random, in terms of which other item in the set is created, and the stats on that item. The same item will never reroll twice in a row, and this recipe only works on sets with three or more items.
This recipe is designed to be used by players struggling to find the last item they need for a four or six-piece set bonus, as it lets them convert any spare item in that set, hoping to roll it to the type they need
Recipe[edit | edit source]
- "...of the cave, ten Horadrim channeled powers arcane and mystic. Ten felt their sanity slipping away. And nine averted their eyes as the cube came alive."
- --fragment of the Dark Exile Scrolls.
|Kanai's Cube recipes|
|Archive of Tal Rasha
Extract Legendary Power
|Law of Kulle
Reforge Legendary Item
|Hope of Cain |
Upgrade Rare item to Legendary
|Skull of Nilfur
Convert Set Item
|Work of Cathan
Remove Level requirement from item
|Darkness of Radament |
|Anger of Iben Fahd
Convert white/blue/yellow materials.
|Open portal to The Vault
req. Puzzle Ring (undocumented)
|Open portal to Not the Cow Level |
req. Bovine Bardiche (undocumented)
Development[edit | edit source]
When first tested in Patch 2.3 on the PTR, this recipe worked on all sets, including two-piece sets. Players quickly realized this was a great way to roll and reroll the two-item sets, since there they knew exactly which item would result each time, and with only two items it was easy to roll until an ideal item resulted.
The two ring set Focus/Restraint was a popular roll, but classes that could use the two piece weapon sets Shenlong's, Danetta's, and Bul-Kathos' gained the most, since weapons benefit so tremendously from rolling Ancient.
The developers immediately realized that two piece sets worked too well with this recipe.
Players imagined many clever and complicated fixes to this, such as only allowing a given item to be rerolled several times, or increasing the recipe cost with each roll, a bit like enchanting works. Ultimately Blizzard went with a much simpler plan, and just removed two-piece sets from functioning with this set.
Kanai's Cube Recipes[edit source]
Short list. Click each recipe for full ingredients and details.
- Archive of Tal Rasha -- Extract Legendary Power.
- Law of Kulle -- Reforge Legendary Item.
- Hope of Cain -- Upgrade Rare item to Legendary.
- Skull of Nilfur -- Convert Set Item.
- Work of Cathan -- Remove level requirement from item.
- Darkness of Radament -- Convert gems.
- Anger of Iben Fahd -- Convert white/blue/yellow materials.
- Vault Portal -- Open portal to The Vault (undocumented).
- Cow Portal -- Open portal to Not the Cow Level (undocumented).
- Caldesann's Despair - Use Legendary Gems to boost an Ancient or Legendary item with a bonus.
|Items of Diablo III  Item Basics Normal Items Crafting Legendary Armor I Legendary Armor II Legendary Weapons 1h Legendary Weapons 2h Item Sets|
|Item Basics||Item Affixes||Interface||Artisans||Miscellaneous |
• Prefixes & Suffixes
|Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls Item Sets||Reaper of Souls only |
Crafted Item Sets
Crafted Item Sets
Themed Item Sets