In terms of Diablo III's game art, Trent seems to specialize in cities and objects, with numerous concept art pieces of environmental locations and smaller objects such as wagons, lanterns, weapons, and architectural features credited to him.
Background[edit | edit source]
In his early teens, Trent became fascinated with the comic medium and focused his talents on creating and illustrating worlds born of his mind. Around 1994 at the age of 16, he officially entered the world of comic art with work on the first issues of Hall of Heroes Presents (or Deadbolt). In 1994, he began work on a comic series called CreeD which he wrote and illustrated (readable online in its entirety). The comic was his first major published series and was well received by readers, selling approximately 30,000 copies per issue. For a list of his comics and projects he has been involved with, see the section on comics below.
Around 2002, Trent entered the gaming industry with work on Masters of the Universe and Terminator 3 for the Game Boy Advance. Some time between 2002 and 2005, Trent joined Capcom and worked on Final Fight: Streetwise as a Concept Artist, Voice Actor, and Story Writer. After finishing work on that title for Capcom, he joined Blizzard as a Concept/Environment Artist where he worked on World of Warcraft. He is currently working on Diablo III and a number of the released pieces of concept art for Caldeum have been attributed to him.
His love for the art and storytelling of comics has not diminished in the slightest since he first began with it as a teenager. In his free time, he continues to craft comics and attends comic conventions. His current project is an original series he is writing and illustrating titled Twilight Monk.
Interviews[edit | edit source]
In June 2010, Justin Brubaker (artist at Dreamworks Animation and Visual Development) interviewed Trent and covered a number of topics including how he got started with comics, his published comics, and his artistic philosophy.
Artwork[edit | edit source]
Trent maintains a blog where he interacts with fans and posts comics that he has worked on. You can also view his deviantART gallery, which showcases many of his works. His art porfolio contains a smattering of excellent pieces that demonstrate his incredible talent and knack for imagining and creating environments and characters.
Comics[edit | edit source]
Twilight Monk[edit | edit source]
Trent authors a free web comic titled Twilight Monk. He makes regular updates, interacts with fans, and adds content every week.
CreeD Imaginary[edit | edit source]
An extension/addition of the CreeD series, Trent published CreeD Imaginary online as a free web comic. The comic highlighted his gifted ability as an artist and story teller, but suffered from poor exposure on the internet.
CreeD[edit | edit source]
CreeD was Trent's first major comic publication. It is archived online in its entirely in a volume titled CreeD Omnichronos: The Complete Collection.
Diablo 3[edit | edit source]
Trent has contributed concept art for numerous areas and a few monsters as well.
- See all images tagged with his name in the art gallery.
Game Credits/Experience[edit | edit source]
Video Games[edit | edit source]
- 2007 - World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, Blizzard; Concept Art
- 2006 - World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, Blizzard; Concept/Environment Artist
- 2005 - Final Fight: Streetwise, Capcom; Concept Artist, Voice Actor, Story Writing Team
- 2003 - Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, Taniko; Art Director, Background and Front End Art
- 2002 - Masters of the Universe, Taniko; Additional Background Art, Front End Artwork, 2D Artwork
Comics[edit | edit source]
- 2010 - Nova Colony, Graphic Novel and Motion Graphic Series.
- 2007 - CreeD: Imaginary #1-#4, Aquatic Moon Productions.
- 2005 - Mono Cro Magnum #1, Aquatic Moon Productions.
- 2003 - CreeD: Utopiate #1-#3, Image Comics.
- 2003 - Muties #4, Marvel Comics.
- 2003 - Thor #74, Marvel Comics.
- 2002 - Ghost Rider: The Hammer Lane #1-#6, Marvel Comics.
- 2001 - CreeD : Appletree #1, Gearbox Press.
- 2001 - CreeD : Mechanical Evolution #1-#2, Gearbox Press.
- 2000 - The Fuzz #1 (un-released TV show/comic book).
- 2000 - Stitchfits #1-#3 (un-released comic book).
- 1999 - Drywall and Oswald #1-#2, Fireman Press.
- 1999 - Scud: Tales from the Vending Machine, Fireman Press.
- 1999 - CreeD: Use Your Delusion #1-#2, Avatar Press.
- 1998 - CreeD: The Good Ship and the New Journey Home #1, Lightning Comics.
- 1997 - CreeD: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Crossover, Lightning Comics.
- 1997 - CreeD: Cranial Disorder #1-#3, Lightning Comics.
- 1996 - CreeD: The Void #1-#3, Lightning Comics.
- 1995 - CreeD #1-#2, Hall of Heroes.
- 1994 - Deadbolt #1, Halls of Heroes.
- 1994 - Hall of Heroes Presents #1, Halls of Heroes.
Other[edit | edit source]
- 2007 to 2009 - World of Warcraft: Trading Card Game (WoW:TCG),Upperdeck. Card Art: 30 Cards
- 2004 - Millenium Actress, Universal Studios/Dreamworks; US Cover Art
- 2002 - Wizard Magazine; Cover illustration (issue unknown)
- 1998 - CreeD; Action Figure Collection
- 1997 - CreeD, Krome Productions; Trading Card Set
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A selection of Trent's artwork from Diablo III.
References[edit | edit source]
|Blizzard Entertainment & other Game-related Topics  Blizz Games Other Games Terms Devs Blizz ppl D3 D2 D1 Other ppl Events Merchandise Related|
Blizzard All cont.
|Diablo III Team|
|Diablo II Team|