Steve Shimizu is Lead Gameplay Programmer for Diablo III.
Steve Shimizu at Blizzcon 2010.
Very little information is publically available for Steve. However, some things can be gleaned from the games that he's credited as having worked on. It seems he started his career with game developer Realtime Associates around 1994. He worked as a programmer on several titles with the company, including MTV's Beavis and Butthead, Bug!, and Magic: The Gathering - Battlemage. Around 2000, Steve joined Kronos Digital Entertainment and continued as a programmer on the series Fear Effect. Afterwards, he joined Troika Games and worked on Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines (VtM:B), where he would have met Leonard Boyarsky (since Leonard was Project Lead for the title). After working on VtM:B, Steve joined Blizzard.
He is currently Lead Gameplay Programmer for Diablo III.
Diablo III Related
At Blizzcon 2010, Steve spoke during the Diablo III: Crafting Sanctuary panel about monster AI.
- 2004 - Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines, Troika Games; Programmer
- 2001 - Fear Effect 2: Retro Helix, Kronos Digital Entertainment; Lead Programmer
- 2000 - Fear Effect, Kronos Digital Entertainment; Programmer
- 1997 - Magic: The Gathering - Battlemage, Realtime Associates; Special Thanks
- 1995 - Bug!, Realtime Associates; Assistant Programming and Gameplay Design
- 1994 - MTV's Beavis and Butthead, Realtime Associates; Assistant Programmer
- ↑ MobyGames Developer Profile for Steve Shimizu.