From Diablo Wiki
Chris Thunig is a member of the Blizzard Entertainment cinematic team. He's created highly-polished cinematic/movie style artwork for all of the Blizzard titles, as well as contributing concept art.
Chris got his start working on special effects for film, and has numerous major movies on his resume, including Troy, Kingdom of Heaven, Corpse Bride, and The Da Vinci Code
Chris was educated at the Universität Leipzig in Germany. His professional career began after graduation, as he relates on his home page:
- My professional commitment to concept art and visual effects began in 1999 when I was given the chance to work as a storyboard and preproduction artist at a 3D animation company at Babelsberg Film Studios near Berlin, Germany.
- As part of a small team I was able to expand my skills to the computer medium before getting my first go as a digital matte artist at french visual effects house Duran Dubois in Paris.
- After spending more than a year on a feature production headed by renowned comic artist and director Enki Bilal I joined The Moving Picture Company in London.
His job history, as detailed on his LinkedIn.com profile:
- Senior Digital Matte Artist/Concept Artist at Blizzard Entertainment
- Digital Matte Artist at The Moving Picture Company
- Digital Matte Artist at Duran
- Cinematics 2D Art Director at Blizzard Entertainment
Chris has posted extensive galleries of his work on Blizzard Games, movies, and his own projects at his home page and on his profile at The CG Society of Digital Artists.
Christ has worked on teh special effects for an impressive number of major films. Artwork from the following is included in his online portfolio.
- Kingdom of Heaven
- Corpse Bride
- The Da Vinci Code
- Alien vs. Predator
A selection of Chris' pieces, concept and final, for Diablo III.
|Blizzard Entertainment & other Game-related Topics  Blizz Games Other Games Terms Devs Blizz ppl D3 D2 D1 Other ppl Events Merchandise Related|
Blizzard All cont.
|Diablo III Team|
|Diablo II Team|