Though Kevin has spoken on various Diablo III panels at Blizzcon, he has not sat down for a great number of interviews. You can see all of his media appearances via the Kevin Martens tag on Diablo.IncGamers.com.
Background[edit | edit source]
In 2000, IGN conducted an developer profile of Kevin when he was working an Co-Lead Designer on Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. In it, he comments on his background and interests:
- IGN: Please summarize your professional background. How and when did you get into the games industry, and has making games lived up to your expectations?
- Kevin: My background is a whole lot of years as a Dungeon Master and a writer. I've made several games at home with a few friends. I got into the gaming industry as a Writer/Designer at BioWare in September of 1998, to work on Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast. Making games has proven to be a fun and challenging job.
- IGN: What kind of gaming background do you bring to this job? When and how did you become interested in games?
- Kevin: I started being a gamer when I first had access to Pong and Pitfall II on my aunt and uncle's Atari. I played Coleco Vision, Intellivision, and arcade games on a regular basis. My obsession with computer games began when I picked up Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord for the Apple II computer system. O Glorious Monochrome! This was quickly followed with Ultima III and IV, Conan the Barbarian, Return of Heracles, Moon Patrol, and Karateka. I bought a Nintendo and a copy of Final Fantasy - my favorite game of my Nintendo years. I bought a Genesis and copies of Phantasy Star I, II, and Genghis Khan. With my purchase of an IBM-PC, I picked up Sopwith, Ancient Art of War, Hero's Quest which later became Quest for Glory, and Pirates. I've been playing primarily PC games ever since.
Interviews[edit | edit source]
Kevin has not been an overly public figure, but Diablo: IncGamers did catch up with him and Julian Love during BlizzCon 2009 for an interview.  They discussed the Monk, randomness, bosses, acts and much more.
Game Credits/Experience[edit | edit source]
- 2009 - Dragon Age: Origins, BioWare; Senior Design Consultant
- 2007 - Mass Effect, BioWare; Additional Design
- 2005 - Jade Empire, BioWare; Lead Designer
- 2003 - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, BioWare; Special thanks
- 2002 - Neverwinter Nights, BioWare; Senior Designer
- 2001 - Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal, BioWare; Lead Designer
- 2000 - Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, BioWare; Co-Lead Designer
- 2000 - MDK2, BioWare; Story Development
- 1999 - Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast, BioWare; Senior Designer
References[edit | edit source]
|Blizzard Entertainment & other Game-related Topics  Blizz Games Other Games Terms Devs Blizz ppl D3 D2 D1 Other ppl Events Merchandise Related|
Blizzard All cont.
|Diablo III Team|
|Diablo II Team|