There is one part to Lyndo's Journal and it's dropped from Garot's Corpse which is next to the Ancient Device in the Desolate Sands. The Ancient Device is a random spawn and although it can spawn with 1 or 10 scenarios Garot's Corpse is always there.
Only one of your characters needs to find the journal for you to be credited with it.
To find out which journals you have found so far go to your Achievements list (press Y) and check:
- Campaign > Act II > Judge of Character
|Dropped from Garot's Corpse on the Ancient Device in Desolate Sands.|
|Part||Text||Found on Quest|
|1||We have found the key to the ancient device, but I fear that these treasures will cost us our lives. At least my brother and I have made it this far, and we are still alive. Dare we use this machine? -- Lyndo||Any|
|Garot's Corpse has the Journal|
Farming for Lyndo's Journal[edit | edit source]
It's easiest to farm this in Adventure Mode.
- Restart the game over and over until Desolate Sands of Act II has the Bounty "The Ancient Devices".
- Each bounty run allows for activating the device four times!
It's much more difficult to collect the ten unique activations in Campaign Mode:
1. Set the Checkpoint
2. Repeat from the Checkpoint
- Take the exit to Desolate Sands.
- Head south-east to the end of the bridge.
- Head straight south to check if the ancient device is located at spawn #1.
- If it's not there:
- Teleport to the waypoint Desolate Sands using the map.
- Head a little bit north to check if the ancient device is located at spawn #2.
It's just a very short walk until you see the stairs that lead to the device (if it's there).
- If it's not there:
- Use the waypoint and teleport to Hidden Camp. That teleportation is instant. Don't use the map or a city portal.
- Leave the game. That's also instant if done from Hidden Camp.
- Resume the game, go back to the checkpoint and try again.
- Don't worry if the waypoint Desolate Sands is sometimes far away from spawn #2. If the ancient device is located at spawn #2 then the waypoint is usually located directly south of it.
- Try to remember how the area around the waypoint Desolate Sands looks like when the ancient device is there (i.e. at spawn #2), and when it's not there. With a little practice you can tell whether it's there even without having to move away from the waypoint to check for the stairs.
- If you can already see the waypoint on the minimap while checking out spawn #1 then there's likely no ancient device at spawn #2 so you can just skip it and leave the game immediately for the next try.
| Books & Lore of the
|Tomes - Lore Books  In-game: People World/Quests Bestiary Diablo I & II Extra: Manuals/Other Novels History|
|Diablo I Tomes||Diablo II Tomes|
|Diablo I Manual||Diablo II Manual||D2: LoD Manual||Diablo III Manual||Other sources|
Abd al-Hazir (Writings)
|Diablo novels||The Sin War Trilogy||Diablo III novels||Diablo comics||Other books|