The Sacrificial Hermit
This page provides information on The Sacrificial Hermit event.
Trigger: Speak with Rodger the Alchemist
Mob Details: None
Completion Details: Deliver the potion to the Crazed Hermit.
The Sacrificial Hermit is a very odd event. There is no combat involved (apart from the Spiderlings and Arachnid Horrors that may appear along the path), and all the player needs to do is bring a potion down a flight of stairs to a crazed hermit apparently living outside of the Caverns of Araneae. The potion makes the hermit's blood taste sweet, which he wants in order to please his mistress, the Spider Queen.
Reward(s): Vendor Access (temporary)
Farming for The Sacrificial Hermit[edit | edit source]
- From the Quest Selection screen take Act I quest No. 8. Trailing the Coven.
- Take the quest from Leah.
- Take the waypoint from Tristram to Wortham Chapel.
- Leave Wortham out the town gate to the north.
- Across the bridge and to the other side where Rodger the Alchemist could be waiting for you.
- If he is not there head to the left and down the stairs to the Crazed Hermit where you get a Checkpoint.
- Leave the game, Resume Game and take the Town Portal waiting for you in Tristram directly back to the Crazed Hermit and make your way back up the stairs to the end of the bridge.
- If Rodger the Alchemist appears it will be at the end of the bridge, nowhere else.
Associated Achievements[edit | edit source]
The The Sacrificial Hermit is in some way involved in the following achievement(s).
<achievement type="single">Market Research</achievement>
Media[edit | edit source]
A video of the event:
|Quests & Events of Diablo III  Act I Act II Act III & Act IV Act V|
|Act II Quests||Act II Events |
|Quests Act III||Events Act III||Quests Act IV |