Hatred skills are all Demon Hunter skills that generate or spend Hatred.
- See the Discipline skills article for skills that affect the Demon Hunter's other resource.
The Hatred resource regenerates at 1 per second by default, and can be boosted in set increments (2-6 per use) by various Hatred generating skills (listed below.) Increasing Hatred regen rate options:
- Equipment regeneration. A number of items can boost the Hatred regeneration rate, including quivers and cloaks. Increased Hatred regen is also found on various legendary bows/xbows/hand xbows.
- The Templar's Inspire skill boosts Hatred regen by one per second.
- The passive skill Vengeance is the single biggest boost to Hatred, as it increases the pool size by 25 and restores 20 Hatred (and 2 Discipline) for every health globe.
Demon Hunter Hatred Generating Skills[edit | edit source]
These skills add a small amount of Hatred, usually 2-6, per use. Most Hatred Generating skills have one rune effect that adds additional Hatred per use, or lowers the the Hatred cost. A faster attack rate is useful to increase the Hatred gained over time from these skills.
- Hungering Arrow
- Entangling Shot
- The Grenadier passive adds 2 more Hatred per use of Grenades.
- Bola Shot
Passive Hatred Generating Skills[edit | edit source]
Vengeance: Your maximum Hatred is increased by 25. In addition, gain 20 Hatred and 2 Discipline whenever you are healed by a health globe.
Vengeance is the most important hatred generator for most Demon Hunter builds. With 20 Hatred from each health orb, it's common for players to shoot their Hatred dry to kill off large groups of enemies, then gain an instant refill by grabbing 4 or 5 health orbs. This can be a very exciting and fast-paced way to play, as players rush (or Vault) in close to get health orbs for the Hatred refill, mid-battle.
Other Demon Hunter builds rely on a regular infusion of Hatred from the health globes that are dropped during battle. Skills like Rapid Fire and Strafe function with a steady Hatred drain per second, but can be maintained indefinitely with a steady influx of health globes. Strafe even allows the Demon Hunter to move to the globes as they drop. Increased Pickup Radius is extremely useful for Demon Hunters who require regular Hatred from health globes to keep their attacks going.
Hatred Spending Skills[edit | edit source]
These skills expend Hatred with each use, sometimes with an initial cost and then a set cost per second.
Other Demon Hunter skills[edit | edit source]
- Punishment -- Restore all Hatred for 25 Discipline. Preparation has no cooldown.
- Marked for Death