From Diablo Wiki
Maghda is the leader of the Coven, aligned with Belial in Diablo III. She is a key figure in the early game story, and appears in numerous in-game cinematics, usually to taunt the player through the quests. Her key moment comes mid-way through Act One, when she kills Deckard Cain and kidnaps Tyrael.
This plot twist, handing off the death of iconic game character Deckard Cain to a newly-invented NPC most fans referred to as "that butterfly witch" was a very unpopular development, and generated a great deal of fan complaints.
After numerous cinematic appearances, Magda finally appears in game in Act II, when she is finally tracked down and battled in Alcarnus.
 Boss Abilities
Maghda is a rather passive boss, favoring summoning minions and firing off moths from the moths on her shoulders over getting her own hands dirty, unlike her master, Belial. Magdha has a limited amount of abilities:
- Forcefield: At intervals, Maghda will cast a forcefield on herself, becoming invulnerable until the player deals with her thralls that she summons. Maghda is able to cast Moth Dust while invulnerable.
- Summoning Ritual: Once her forcefield goes up, Maghda will summon three to four berserker thralls to attack the player. The thralls must be killed before her force field goes down.
- Punish/Moth Dust: Similar to the Locust Swarm ability on the Witch Doctor, the moths on Maghda's shoulders will excrete a blue-green cloud of killer insects to attack the player. "Moth Dust" is the ability when she does it at range, and it is a slow-moving projectile. "Punish" is when the cloud is at her feet, in melee range, doing AoE damage.
- Teleport - This ability is precisely what would be expected, identical to the teleport spell found on the Wizard.
 Associated Achievements
Maghda is in some way involved in the following achievement(s).
| Death from Afar
|10|| Kill one of the following enemies with a thrown weapon.
 Post-Release Changes
Magda was lightly modified in the v1.0.4 patch.
- Insect Swarm
- Projectiles can now be slowed
Magda concept art and in-game visuals.
|Monsters of Diablo III Beasts Beasts: Superunique Demons Demons: Superunique Humans Humans: Superunique Undead Undead: Superunique Objects Bosses Boss Mods Monster Info Fanmade|
|Primary Quest Uniques||
Act One Bosses:
Skeleton King -
The Warden -
Strong CC (Limit 1): Knockback -- Nightmarish -- Vortex -- Jailer
|Act One Uniques||Araneae - Web Spit||Leoric - Summon Skeleton, Teleport Strike, Triple Cleave||The Butcher - Smash, Grappling Hook, Spear, Frenzy Charge|
|Act Two Uniques||Maghda - Forcefield, Summoning Ritual, Punish, Moth Dust, Teleport.||Zoltan Kulle - Fiery Boulder, Time Bubble, Ceiling Collapse, Energy Twister,Vanish, Creepy Laugh||Belial - Phase One: Triple Fireball, Summon Vipers. Phase Two: Poison Meteors, Ground Pound, Lightning Strike, Lightning Breath.|
|Act Three Uniques||Ghom - Acid Slime, Sneeze, Gas Cloud, Chomp.||Siegebreaker - Triple Hit, Charge, Leg Stomp, Grab and Throw.||Cydaea - Pain Bolts, Web Trap, Spider Pits.||Azmodan - Bellyflop, Laser Attack, Falling Corpses, Demon Gate, Pool of Destruction, Globe of Annihilation.|
|Act Four Uniques||Rakanoth - Cleave, Teleport Strike, Blade Strike, Volley, Summon Minion.||Izual - Frost Nova, Frozen, Summon Minions.|| Diablo - Phase One: Claw Rip, Charge, Hell Spikes, Shadow Vanish Grab, Curse of Destruction, Ring of Fire, Ground Stomp, Curse of Anguish, Curse of Hatred. |
Phase Two: Shadow Clone. Phase Three: Overdrive, Lightning Breath.