From Diablo Wiki
Maghda is the leader of the Coven, aligned with Belial in Diablo III. She is a key figure in the early game story, and appears in numerous in-game cinematics, usually to taunt the player through the quests. Her key moment comes mid-way through Act One, when she kills Deckard Cain and kidnaps Tyrael.
This plot twist, handing off the death of iconic game character Deckard Cain to a newly-invented NPC most fans referred to as "that butterfly witch" was a very unpopular development, and generated a great deal of fan complaints.
Maghda is a rather passive boss, favoring summoning minions and firing off moths from the moths on her shoulders over getting her own hands dirty, unlike her master, Belial. Magdha has a limited amount of abilities:
- Forcefield: At intervals, Maghda will cast a forcefield on herself, becoming invulnerable until the player deals with her thralls that she summons. Maghda is able to cast Moth Dust while invulnerable.
- Summoning Ritual: Once her forcefield goes up, Maghda will summon three to four berserker thralls to attack the player. The thralls must be killed before her force field goes down.
- Punish/Moth Dust: Similar to the Locust Swarm ability on the Witch Doctor, the moths on Maghda's shoulders will excrete a blue-green cloud of killer insects to attack the player. "Moth Dust" is the ability when she does it at range, and it is a slow-moving projectile. "Punish" is when the cloud is at her feet, in melee range, doing AoE damage.
- Teleport - This ability is precisely what would be expected, identical to the teleport spell found on the Wizard.
Required for Taking Notes achievement
Required for Eavesdropper achievement
- Missive to Maghda - Part 1 and 2
Maghda is in some way involved in the following achievement(s).
| Lord of the Flies
|10||Kill Maghda without getting hit by her insect attack.|
| Death from Afar
|10|| Kill one of the following enemies with a thrown weapon.
Magda was lightly modified in the v1.0.4 patch.
- Insect Swarm
- Projectiles can now be slowed
Magda concept art and in-game visuals.
|Monsters of Diablo III Beasts Beasts: Superunique Demons Demons: Superunique Humans Humans: Superunique Undead Undead: Superunique Objects Bosses Boss Mods Monster Info Fanmade|
Bat - Beast - Blood Hawk - Demonic Hellflyer - Electric Eel - Khazra - Lacuni - Lamprey - Quill Fiend - Rockworm - Sand Monster - Sand Shark - Sand Wasp - Scavenger - Spider - Spiderling - Swarm - Withermoth - Wood Wraith -
|Primary Quest Uniques||
Act One Bosses:
Skeleton King -
The Warden -
Strong CC (Limit 1): Knockback -- Nightmarish -- Vortex -- Jailer
|Act One Uniques||Araneae - Web Spit||Leoric - Summon Skeleton, Teleport Strike, Triple Cleave||The Butcher - Smash, Grappling Hook, Spear, Frenzy Charge|
|Act Two Uniques||Maghda - Forcefield, Summoning Ritual, Punish, Moth Dust, Teleport.||Zoltan Kulle - Fiery Boulder, Time Bubble, Ceiling Collapse, Energy Twister,Vanish, Creepy Laugh||Belial - Phase One: Triple Fireball, Summon Vipers. Phase Two: Poison Meteors, Ground Pound, Lightning Strike, Lightning Breath.|
|Act Three Uniques||Ghom - Acid Slime, Sneeze, Gas Cloud, Chomp.||Siegebreaker - Triple Hit, Charge, Leg Stomp, Grab and Throw.||Cydaea - Pain Bolts, Web Trap, Spider Pits.||Azmodan - Bellyflop, Laser Attack, Falling Corpses, Demon Gate, Pool of Destruction, Globe of Annihilation.|
|Act Four Uniques||Rakanoth - Cleave, Teleport Strike, Blade Strike, Volley, Summon Minion.||Izual - Frost Nova, Frozen, Summon Minions.|| Diablo - Phase One: Claw Rip, Charge, Hell Spikes, Shadow Vanish Grab, Curse of Destruction, Ring of Fire, Ground Stomp, Curse of Anguish, Curse of Hatred. |
Phase Two: Shadow Clone. Phase Three: Overdrive, Lightning Breath.