From Diablo Wiki
Ghom is a new character to Diablo, and his title is the Lord of Gluttony.
He is a servant of Azmodan, and is encountered about a third of the way through Act III in the Larder. Defeating him completes the last quest in Bastion's Keep, and frees a character up to leave the keep and battle on the frozen surface areas.
Ghom spends his time disrupting the food stores of Bastion's Keep from a breach in the walls, in the larder, in an effort to assist his master Azmodan with the siege. There is a lore book entry that can be gotten from his arena from a half-digested corpse after Ghom has been dealt with.
|Diablo III Monster [ ]|
Ghom has very few abilities, and a very specific dynamic: Stay out of the green stuff.
- Acid Slimes - Ghom will rear forward, ejecting copious amounts of poisonous slime from his mouth-belly. The acid on the ground does AoE damage, and also produces three small slime monsters which can be killed for health globes. Ghom can cast this a screen's length away and, while if the player is at range they do not take damage from the acid, the slimes will spawn at the hero's position.
- Sneeze - Ghom will thrash back and forth in a sneezing motion. This attack is not accompanied by audio, and while in and of itself it doesn't do damage, it produces the gas cloud attack.
- Gas Cloud - The gas clouds from Ghom's sneeze (which means that the clouds are not due to flatulence) will surround Ghom and linger for quite a while, harming anything in its wake. The Gas Clouds once caused a slow on the player which could stack up to five times, but this was removed in a patch.
- Chomp - Chomp is Ghom's melee attack, where he lunges forward towards the player, attempting to swallow them whole from his gaping belly-mouth. This attack does moderate damage.
- Inferno] Difficulty: As of Patch 1.0.3, Gas Clouds will last longer, spawn 2 at a time, and (after 4 minutes) spawn more quickly. This is Ghom's enrage timer.
Ghom was considered a very challenging enemy when Diablo III was released, especially on Inferno difficulty, where his poisonous gas clouds soon filled the entire screen, forcing players to defeat him before then, or die. This mechanic turned Ghom into yet another of the many Inferno "gear checks" where characters with sufficient damage could triumph, while characters without sufficiently-powerful gear failed regardless of their play skill or style.
This was changed in the v1.04 patch as Ghom was rebalanced to make the fight more of a tactical struggle that didn't simply reward brute damage output.
- Breath Attack
- Pets and Followers should now only take 10% damage from the breath attack
- Gas Cloud
- The rate at which Ghom spawns Gas Clouds has been reduced by approximately 20%
- The cooldown on Ghom’s Gas Cloud attack has been increased from 6-10 seconds to 10-13 seconds
- Pets and Followers should now only take 5% damage from Gas Clouds
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where certain movement skills were granting immunity to Ghom’s gas clouds if cast while inside the cloud (and if ** the player never left the cloud’s area of effect)
Ghom originated as a demon called Gluttony, when part of the game lore and monster design was to have one boss representing each of the Seven Deadly Sins. This plan was modified during production.
Barbarian standing over the gruesome corpse.
|Difficulty||Max. Health||Min. Damage||Damage Delta||Run Speed||Level|
Note: Ghom has the exact same movement speed per difficulty as Maghda.
| Beta Content
A significant portion of this article deals with development / pre-release / Beta content.
A request has been made for it to be updated.
List of Beta Content Pages
|Monsters of Diablo III Beasts Beasts: Superunique Demons Demons: Superunique Humans Humans: Superunique Undead Undead: Superunique Objects Bosses Boss Mods Monster Info Fanmade|
Bat - Beast - Blood Hawk - Demonic Hellflyer - Electric Eel - Khazra - Lacuni - Lamprey - Quill Fiend - Rockworm - Sand Monster - Sand Shark - Sand Wasp - Scavenger - Spider - Spiderling - Swarm - Withermoth - Wood Wraith -
|Primary Quest Uniques||
Act One Bosses:
Skeleton King -
The Warden -
Strong CC (Limit 1): Knockback -- Nightmarish -- Vortex -- Jailer
|Act One Uniques||Araneae - Web Spit||Leoric - Summon Skeleton, Teleport Strike, Triple Cleave||The Butcher - Smash, Grappling Hook, Spear, Frenzy Charge|
|Act Two Uniques||Maghda - Forcefield, Summoning Ritual, Punish, Moth Dust, Teleport.||Zoltan Kulle - Fiery Boulder, Time Bubble, Ceiling Collapse, Energy Twister,Vanish, Creepy Laugh||Belial - Phase One: Triple Fireball, Summon Vipers. Phase Two: Poison Meteors, Ground Pound, Lightning Strike, Lightning Breath.|
|Act Three Uniques||Ghom - Acid Slime, Sneeze, Gas Cloud, Chomp.||Siegebreaker - Triple Hit, Charge, Leg Stomp, Grab and Throw.||Cydaea - Pain Bolts, Web Trap, Spider Pits.||Azmodan - Bellyflop, Laser Attack, Falling Corpses, Demon Gate, Pool of Destruction, Globe of Annihilation.|
|Act Four Uniques||Rakanoth - Cleave, Teleport Strike, Blade Strike, Volley, Summon Minion.||Izual - Frost Nova, Frozen, Summon Minions.|| Diablo - Phase One: Claw Rip, Charge, Hell Spikes, Shadow Vanish Grab, Curse of Destruction, Ring of Fire, Ground Stomp, Curse of Anguish, Curse of Hatred. |
Phase Two: Shadow Clone. Phase Three: Overdrive, Lightning Breath.