Stone of Jordan
From Diablo Wiki
The Stone of Jordan (SoJ) was a unique ring found in Diablo II. It was the best of the three unique rings in D2C, and though it became less useful when more and better items were added in D2X, the SoJ was still useful for any caster class.
- See the in the Diablo 2 portion of this wiki for full details.
 Unit of Currency
The larger significance of the Stone of Jordan was as a unit of currency. Since gold was basically worthless in Diablo II, players soon adopted other items as units of trade. Gems were traded at various times, but early on in the days of D2C, the SoJ became the default currency. Top quality items were priced in terms of how many SoJs they were worth, and this value led to massive duping of SoJs, which depressed prices and made it impossible for legitimate players to keep pace with the currency, since finding items was much slower than cheating/duping to create them.
The SoJ lost its place as the chief item of currency during later patches of D2X, as high level runes (HRs) took over that role in the economy. They were duped just as badly as the SoJ had ever been, given their value as currency, and more over their utility for creating runewords.
See the economy article for much more detail about how Diablo III's economy will function and what items may become units of currency in the game.
 The Stone in Diablo III
- One of 5 Magic Properties (varies):
- +(9-10) Maximum Discipline
- +(13-15) Maximum Fury
- +(13-15) Maximum Arcane Power
- +(105-119) Maximum Mana
- Increases Spirit Regeneration by (1.00-2.33) per Second
- Reduces cooldown of Wall of Zombies by (1-3) seconds.
- One of 6 Magic Properties (varies):
- Adds (5-6)% to Holy Damage
- Adds (5-6)% to Fire Damage
- Adds (5-6)% to Cold Damage
- Adds (5-6)% to Poison Damage
- Adds (5-6)% to Arcane Damage
- Adds (5-6)% to Lightning Damage
|Items of Diablo III  Item Basics Normal Items Legendary Armor I Legendary Armor II Legendary Weapons 1h Legendary Weapons 2h Item Sets|
|Item Basics||Item Modifiers||Inventory||Artisans||Merchants||Miscellaneous |
|Armor - Class-Specific||Weapons - Class-Specific||Crafting Items||Other Items |
|| • Blacksmith Plans
|Waist||Wrists & Hands||Legs & Feet||Head |
|| Voodoo Masks - WD|
| Chest Armor
|| Amulets cont.
|| Rings cont.
40) Puzzle Ring
|| Sources - Wiz|
|| Fist Weapons - Monk
|| Mighty Weapons - Barb|
|| Daibos - Monk
|| Bows |
|Item Sets |