From Diablo Wiki
Jay Wilson was the Game Director of Diablo III until January 2013 when he resigned and moved on to another undisclosed project within Blizzard Entertainment. Jay was the most frequently-interviewed member of the Diablo III team, and his quotes fill the content articles of this wiki.Relic Entertainment where he'd served as the lead designer on Dawn of War, an RTS game not completely unlike . After joining Blizzard Jay contributed to MMO , where he has been immortalised as "Ja'y Nosliw" the Skybreaker General.
Jay is a passionate game developer, and though he has not created or stamped his unique vision on any titles, he is involved in all aspects of game creation. 
- "I can't think of anything that makes me happier than watching people play a game I made and have fun. People bring a lot of things to the world and some are good and some are bad, but I can't think of anything you could bring to the world that's better than fun. And that's why I like to make games."
Joining the Diablo 3 Team
Jay discussed how he came to work for Blizzard in a June 2008 interview. 
- How did you wind up working on the Diablo project?
- Jay Wilson: Well, I was working at Relic Entertainment. I started on RTSs originally and I interviewed at Blizzard ... I was actually very happy at Relic, but I had friends who had moved to Blizzard and they got me an interview. I was like, "Cool, Rob Pardo! I get to be interviewed by him and he's an idol of mine!" For me, it was just a cool experience to be able to talk to Rob for an hour. And we continued to talk and I went to the first BlizzCon [October 2005] and they just talked me into it. Essentially, I've always been a huge fan of Blizzard and it just felt like a natural fit.
Diablo II Play Experience
From a December 2008 interview 
- Jay Wilson: My most developed was a Barbarian. Well, no -- actually, it's my Necromancer. While the Barbarian was what I played when the game came out, my Necromancer is all I really play now. He's in the 90s and has pretty much gotten everything he can get, so all I do is run around and kill things to see if something superawesome drops. But my Barbarian was my first class, and my Necromancer is my main. While I did play each class to take it to Hell difficulty, those two were my loves. I had a pretty cool Sorceress, but I don't think I got her as high.
Jay has a wife and young daughter, who he allows to play Diablo 3, even though he does not let her play other M-rated games. 
According to the Diablo: IncGamer's interview with Jay, his favorite color is green, his favorite meal is his mother's lasagna and his favorite animal is his cat.
Jay Wilson's increasing weary and serious expressions, especially as seen in photos from the Diablo3.cc Blizzard Irvine visit  and interview  in May 2011, spawned various affectionately humorous DiabLOL captioned images, and eventually resulted in the creation of a tightly-cropped image of just his tired eyes, as a sort of counterpart to the long-running Bobby's eyes meme.
Wilson ran into trouble when commenting  on an interview between IncGamers and Diablo creator and Blizzard founder David Brevik  where Brevik stated that Diablo 3 wasn't the game he would have designed. Taking offence Wilson commented on Facebook saying "fuck that loser" which caused an outcry amongst fans and dismay from other developers. . Wilson quickly issued an apology on the comment  but by that point the comment had gone viral and was to follow Wilson around for the remainder of his time on the D3 Team, turning up in comment sections of many interviews with or articles about him.
A list of all Jay Wilson's game credits, prior to joining Blizzard Entertainment.
- 2006 - Present - Blizzard Entertainment
- 2006 - Company of Heroes - Senior Designer
- 2004 - Warhammer 40k Dawn of War - Design and Story
- 2003 - Homeworld 2 - Additional Design Support
- 2003 - Impossible Creatures - Lead Designer and Story
- 1998 - King's Quest: Mask of Eternity - Quality Assurance
- 1998 - Blood II: The Chosen - Game Concept and Lead Designer
Jay in the News
- See all news items relating to Jay Wilson from Diablo.IncGamers.com.
- Jay Wilson's Blog updates on the official Diablo 3 Site.
Media of Jay Wilson
- Jay Wilson resigns as Game Director - Jay Wilson, 17th January 2013
- Blizzcon Press Conference - Jay Wilson, 16th October 2008]
- Interview, Joystiq - Jay Wilson, 29th June 2008
- Interview, 1up - 23rd December 2008
- Interview, Wired - Jay Wilson, 25th August 2009
- Interview, IncGamers - Jay Wilson, 13th October 2008
- Interview, Diablo3.cc - Jay Wilson, 30th April 2011
- Interview Transcript, Diablo3.cc Jay Wilson, 4th May 2011
- Jay on Facebook - Jay Wilson, 20th August 2012
- Interview, IncGamers - David Brevik, 19th August 2012]
- Developer comments on Facebook comments - Various 22nd August 2012
- Jay Apologises - Jay Wilson, 23rd August 2012
|Blizzard Entertainment & other Game-related Topics  Blizz Games Other Games Terms Devs Blizz ppl D3 D2 D1 Other ppl Events Merchandise Related|
Blizzard All cont.
|Diablo III Team|
|Diablo II Team|