From Diablo Wiki
Though Kevin has spoken on various Diablo III panels at Blizzcon, he has not sat down for a great number of interviews. You can see all of his media appearances via the Kevin Martens tag on Diablo.IncGamers.com.
In 2000, IGN conducted an developer profile of Kevin when he was working an Co-Lead Designer on Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. In it, he comments on his background and interests:
- IGN: Please summarize your professional background. How and when did you get into the games industry, and has making games lived up to your expectations?
- Kevin: My background is a whole lot of years as a Dungeon Master and a writer. I've made several games at home with a few friends. I got into the gaming industry as a Writer/Designer at BioWare in September of 1998, to work on Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast. Making games has proven to be a fun and challenging job.
- IGN: What kind of gaming background do you bring to this job? When and how did you become interested in games?
- Kevin: I started being a gamer when I first had access to Pong and Pitfall II on my aunt and uncle's Atari. I played Coleco Vision, Intellivision, and arcade games on a regular basis. My obsession with computer games began when I picked up Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord for the Apple II computer system. O Glorious Monochrome! This was quickly followed with Ultima III and IV, Conan the Barbarian, Return of Heracles, Moon Patrol, and Karateka. I bought a Nintendo and a copy of Final Fantasy - my favorite game of my Nintendo years. I bought a Genesis and copies of Phantasy Star I, II, and Genghis Khan. With my purchase of an IBM-PC, I picked up Sopwith, Ancient Art of War, Hero's Quest which later became Quest for Glory, and Pirates. I've been playing primarily PC games ever since.
Kevin has not been an overly public figure, but Diablo: IncGamers did catch up with him and Julian Love during BlizzCon 2009 for an interview.  They discussed the Monk, randomness, bosses, acts and much more.
- 2009 - Dragon Age: Origins, BioWare; Senior Design Consultant
- 2007 - Mass Effect, BioWare; Additional Design
- 2005 - Jade Empire, BioWare; Lead Designer
- 2003 - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, BioWare; Special thanks
- 2002 - Neverwinter Nights, BioWare; Senior Designer
- 2001 - Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal, BioWare; Lead Designer
- 2000 - Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, BioWare; Co-Lead Designer
- 2000 - MDK2, BioWare; Story Development
- 1999 - Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast, BioWare; Senior Designer
- Interview. Jade Empire: A Labour of Love.
- IGN Developer Profile: Kevin Martens.
- Exclusive Blizzcon Interview: Julian Love and Kevin Martens. 2009-08-24.
|Blizzard Entertainment & other Game-related Topics  Blizz Games Other Games Terms Devs Blizz ppl D3 D2 D1 Other ppl Events Merchandise Related|
Blizzard All cont.
|Diablo III Team|
|Diablo II Team|