- Fallen indeed. I think you can count me in as a major Wizard contributor. I try to contribute in fields that overlap a bit, when i see new content tidbits rising up :) Your contributions certainly surpass mine though. Good to see the wiki sprouting! --Melianor 20:11, 23 October 2008 (CEST)
- Well, the contribs aren't a competition (unless you want it to be ;))! I appreciate small and big ones equally, as it's usually mostly a matter of how much time people have on their hands, not what they are capable ow willing to do. If I got put in a time capsule where I wouldn't age, I could finish this wiki, and come out with a done product. Problem is just to find such a device ;) I'm also copy-pasting this from the PM I sent you, in case anyone's interested in our little wiki-discussion:
- Also, do you feel the wiki markup is logical enough, and if you get enough support from the help pages? Any info you feel is missing?
- I also apologise for the "reply-on-talk-page" comment. I didn't realize you did reply here ;)
- --Leord 10:39, 24 October 2008 (CEST)
I didn't mean to make this sound like a competition. A wiki lives and dies with all who contribute. Wiki markup in my view has always been easy to use. There is not soo much you can format, but what you can do is way enough and simple. I would not change anything, neither in the help section. Those special navboxes are something that can be done by a few and then copied by many ;)
I guess i will keep mostly in the Wizard section and some of the related sections. Also when i have time i update tidbits i find through the news.
I hope this will become a thriving wiki with lots of useful information! :D --Melianor 17:29, 24 October 2008 (CEST)
- Hehe, not I was just being silly. Some friendly competition can be good, but it's mostly an air of cooperation that's important. Well, I take it as a great compliment that you don't have anything to complain about the Wiki (yet). --Leord 20:07, 24 October 2008 (CEST)
Oh, and dude! Great job on the stats! I have been meaning to make them for ages. It's so nice to be able to link those words in articles now without spreading too much red words! I made redirects for Strength, Dexterity, Vitality and Willpower as well, so you can just use any of those, and they will link to your Attribute article. Remind you, I'll be moving "Attributes" to "Attribute" further down the line, just so you know. Singular > Plural, since you can make links like these: "[[Attribute]]s" and they turn out like this: Attributes. It makes thinsg a lot easier with the linking. --Leord 12:44, 27 October 2008 (CET)
- Also, added a message on that page. Easier for others to comment there =) --Leord 12:51, 27 October 2008 (CET)
- Good idea and its good to know that you know some about how to structure a mediawiki. I have been contributing only in internal wikis as off now and still want to learn some more. The hint about Attribute is actually a reall good one :) I hope more tidbits keep emerging in the meantime each Thursday. This wiki needs filling! --Melianor 20:52, 27 October 2008 (CET)
- Some I know, some I just have an opinion behind. Not everything is as easy as wikipedia, where it simply is a encyclopaedia with links between, and handling everything. In this case, we are dealing with things that are a lot more subjective than just explaining the meaning of certain words. It's a lot smaller project, relatively speaking, but still giganormous, and quite complex to fit in all subjective info such as guides in a system that really want as non-subjective info as possible. =)
- Make sure you post a little message on my page if you need help with anything, or just a chat =) Remember you can check Help:Structure for a good idea on what I am looking to create ;) It's just the actual categories behind the pages, but still shows the tree structure I'm aiming for. Any feedback is also welcome!--Leord 18:55, 30 October 2008 (CET)
Skill Updates[edit source]
Nice skill overview updates you made! I'm planning to make each skill into an individual page in the not too distant future. We need to make a good "boilerplate" for them.
Do you know what a wiki template is? I was thinking of making one template for each spell, and then simply link them back to the main skill page, meaning we'd have:
- Class skill article
- Class Specific Skill Tree article
- Skill article (one for each skill)
...and all this without being too much work. Please help me figure out how to do this. I'm continuing the discussion on the Talk:Skill page, so go over there to reply. =) --Leord 12:01, 19 November 2008 (CET)
- Oki, so we have finished the boilerplate, and you can find a handy "copy"-version here, which is easier to just copy+paste to a skill.
- The current idea is that we have temporarily dropped the small skill thumb. At least for now. Perhaps it will never be useful. Skill lists will be made on the Berserker Skill Tree etc articles, and we'll then have the Barbarian skills page just include the list from the individual pages. That way, we have lists on those pages and update the lists on just one place. Well, also need to update the navboxes whenever. The navboxes will be upgraded at a later date, to be just one big one, but with tabs.
- Right now, we're adding all known skills to the wiki, polishing them to DiabloWiki standard, and that includes old skills. The new Barbarian skill archive and other classes will have all old skills listed, and we'll make articles for old skills as well. You are more than welcome to help out with that! :) --Leord 17:27, 2 September 2009 (CEST)
Replied :) --Leord 11:35, 1 September 2009 (CEST)