- Not to be confused with fraction.
A faction is a group of people connected by a shared belief or opinion within a larger group, and is used in DiabloWiki to describe all sorts of groups of people or other sentient entities in the Diablo universe.
How to use Factions in DiabloWiki[edit | edit source]
Depending on what context you talk about factions, the meaning can vary slightly. In DiabloWiki we use the term to describe all groups of somewhat sentient beings within the Diablo universe. Note here that this is not necessarily limited to Sanctuary, the High Heavens or the Burning Hells. Any plane, any planet orbiting some other star within the same plane is included here.
A physical race is per definition not a faction. Race is a term used to determine genetic (or magievolutionary) heritage and to classify creatures by their physical (or magical) existence. Each race, if sentient, is likely to divide into factions, however, and then you make this distinction in the wiki as well.
Add the article to the Factions category. If that faction is a big thing, and require its own category, don't also add the category to Factions, just use the sub-categories of Factions, multiple can be selected. For instance the Sisterhood of the Sightless Eye has its own category, which is located in the and categories, but not Factions.
Specific Topics[edit | edit source]
- See Help:Structure for more information on what goes where.
- Only add articles and categories that ARE groups of some description to the faction mix.
- Ethnic groups is a middle-step from. When you have sections of entities of the same race, divide them by Ethnic groups, and then by clans or related division.
- The High Heavens and Burning Hells are currently considered both the name of their faction (as opposed to Angel/Demon, which is just their racial name) as well as location.
- Classes are sometimes added in to the faction mix, they are really supposed to be separated from lore all together, using their in-lore name. Example: Sisterhood of the Sightless Eye instead of Rogue. Before more old game classes are added to the main wiki, this is not a priority, however. Always make sure articles are easy to find, primarily.