From Diablo Wiki
Hello Mouseman! Just saying hi here on the wiki as well. I sent you a PM on the forums! --Leord 18:41, 18 August 2008 (CEST)
- Hehe it's nice to be noticed ;)
- Please inform me via this page or forum PM if I'm doing something wrong, because this is my first time in the "wiki universe" :) -- (unsigned Mouseman)
- The fine thing with wikis is that even if someone makes horrible mistakes, they are easy to fix, and no data is ever lost. The worst thing that can happen is that someone deliberately vandalises, and then it takes *time* to fix, never any permanent damage =) Regardless, that's hardly what you're doing, and I think it's GREAT that you want to be one to stick out of the crowd and actually help out on the wiki instead of just "consuming" the material, so to speak!
- For "wrongs", you haven't made any as far as I know, but it custom on wikis to use this type of format on talk pages. Use a headline for each topic, and then reply with ":" in front, like this... One ":" will make a small indent, "::" will make a bigger, etc etc. =) That means that your reply to my comment now would use ":::". Also, always "sign" your posts, on your own talk pages or elsewhere. Either type "--~~~~" right ouy, or click this image in the edit field =)
- You can use your user page to denote to others who you are, and what you're up to in the wiki atm. also good for testing out code if you're doing templates or tables. I'll be expanding all help pages in the next few weeks, but in the meanwhile, feel free to ask me if you have any questions. Make sure to ask on my User_talk:Leord page, so others can see answers easily as well. =) What are you up to right now? --Leord 18:16, 21 August 2008 (CEST)
- I'm not actually sure how much time I do have to spend on the wiki - it's more like a sporadic thing for me. I'm looking to be one of many who add stuff here rather than be the backspine of this thing :) I am interested in the story, lore and those parts of the game, though. I usually just read all the news on the main page and add information to the wiki, if it's not here already and I've got time to do it. There have been couple of really good interviews with Jay Wilson at Leipzig, so I'll probably see if I can add some information here. --Mouseman 08:12, 23 August 2008 (CEST)
- That's awesome! While "spine" type contributors are needed, the majority will always be sporadic, and I personally prefer a "low level" wiki contributor that continues to add a little every now and then over the years than one spiking one that does three and a half really good articles, never to be seen in the D2 community again =/ I'm sure you'd be a great help just going through what we have and improving. Continuous updates also encourages others, and in the end, we as a community do need the "spike" contribs as well ;) Everyone is welcome in the wiki family =)
- BTW, left a message for you on my talk page =) --Leord 14:20, 26 August 2008 (CEST)
You still around?
- Yes I'm around, but I'm moving in the end of the month and packing like crazy at the moment :) It's been very busy in the university and I'm not sure how much I have time to contribute - I barely have time to read the news.
- You've done remarkably job with the wiki!! I especially like the basics section, a.k.a. the fact sheet. Keep up the good job!--Mouseman 18:27, 25 September 2008 (CEST)
- Hey! Sorry I haven't made any social calls, I have been just as busy as you. I'm glad you enjoy the basics section. We'll try to keep it as up to date as possible! Make sure to poke me if you need any guidance or tips on something small to do ;) --Leord 18:25, 22 October 2008 (CEST)
- Thanks for the message. I replied ;) --Leord 11:54, 27 October 2008 (CET)