User talk:Leord/Skill template
From Diablo Wiki
Thanks a bunch for the help! Yes, I missed this edit. This is how I thought of it as well. Perhaps we can use the parser to make several different versions, basically. As for the actual table. Take a look at the nav bars, it needs to not have any border besides the one line, imho. What do you think? --Leord 13:13, 9 April 2009 (CEST)
- No prob. The problem I see with specifying border colors is that people who have an alternate skin selected might get a weird mixed experience...unless you don't allow alternate skin selection or if all the skins have the same color palette (I didn't check). That's the advantage of using wiki elements like tables - it handles all the style information based on the skin. Let me know if you want to hardcode it anyhow. We can certainly go table-less.
- --Azymn 17:08, 9 April 2009 (CEST)
- If the table works fine in terms of using them everywhere, then I have no problems with them at all, and I do lack some skill in handling div tags myself. I'm pretty sure there is only one skin, and no real plans to make additional ones though. We'll go with the same styling of the box as the tables though. They are currently manually styled, so if there is a new skin with other colours added, we'll have to re-make them all anyway.
- As for table/div: You'll please choose for me what would be most flexible in the long run. If we do add skins, we could just make the Skill box (and other boxes) into specific classes that can be fixed from the CSS. --Leord 18:28, 9 April 2009 (CEST)
- MonoBook (default),
- Cologne Blue,
- Only default Monobook doesn't look like shit, and Arsed is broken. Otoh, Monobook's the only skin with a limited width, which is annoying me to no end really, but that's besides the point. </ramble> --Vipermagi 20:43, 9 April 2009 (CEST)
- So, basically, you'd like there to be another skin where there is no limited width? =) I could possibly look in to this. We should really give you rights to do such edits anyway. Then we'd have two working skins, and possibly making a feature out of that, if people are pissed with limited width. I like it. It would obviously either have to be a similar colour css, or we'd have to make table formatting and classes for different boxes (etc) in both with different colours. --Leord 16:37, 16 April 2009 (CEST)
- Good find Vipermagi. It actually makes things much easier to have just one skin. This is basically the case now; all the themes Vipermagi listed aren't simply ugly, they're full-on broken. Multiple skins and a fluid layout would be a cool feature, but in this context we're relying on diverse user submissions. People might not be aware of the need to handle inherited styles when forcing inline formatting, and floating element layouts don't always look great when people aren't placing content with the idea in mind. I'm not saying we shouldn't do it, but realize it might be more work than expected to police and preview all content in multiple skins.
- --Azymn 04:59, 18 April 2009 (CEST)