From Diablo Wiki
Ranged weapons are weapons that can be used at a distance, hitting enemies out of hand-to-hand combat range. Some of these types of weapons, such as javelins, throwing knives, and throwing axes, could be used for melee combat as well, in Diablo II.
Though bows and crossbows of all types are found in Diablo III, no throwing weapons have yet been seen, and it's presumed they will be saved for introduction in one of the expansion packs.
- See also Caster Weapons and Melee Weapons, as well as the ever-changing list of Class-Specific Weapons.
Known Ranged Weapon Types
- Bows -- Many types seen in Blizzcon 2010 demo.
- Crossbows -- Many types seen in Blizzcon 2010 demo.
- Hand Crossbows -- Demon Hunter class-specific double xbow item.
- Throwing Weapons -- Not yet confirmed in Diablo III. If they don't make it into the game, their odds or appearing in an expansion seem fairly strong.