From Diablo Wiki
Lachdanan was the Captain of the Knights of the Order of Light and an honored Champion of Zakarum. Lachdanan was a pious knight and servant of King Leoric's, who survived a disastrous attack against Westmarch only to return to find his king had finally turned all the way into a raving madman. The king, his mind destroyed after struggling against Diablo's power, ordered his remaining warriors to attack Lachdanan and his company, but Lachdanan prevailed, finally slaying the king himself. As he died, Leoric cursed Lachdanan into eternal damnation for his "treachery".
He is encountered in the lowest levels of Hell as a benevolent Steel Lord. He imparts his tragic tale to the player, and implores him to find a Golden Elixir capable of purifying his cursed soul and putting him to rest. If this is accomplished, Lachdanan swears that if there is a way to repay him/her from beyond the grave, he will find it. In the interim, he presents you with his unique helm, the Veil of Steel, before presumably committing suicide in his new demonic form.
Diablo 1 Quotes
- "Please, don't kill me, just hear me out. I was once Captain of King Leoric's knights, upholding the laws of this land with justice and honor. Then his dark curse fell upon us for the role we played in his tragic death. As my fellow knights succumbed to their twisted fate, I fled from the King's burial chamber, searching for some way to free myself from the curse. I failed...
I have heard of a Golden Elixir that could lift the curse and allow my soul to rest, but I've been unable to find it. My strength now wanes, and with it, the last of my humanity as well. Please aid me and find the Elixir. I will repay your efforts ... I swear upon my honor."
"You've not found the Golden Elixir. I fear that I'm doomed for eternity. Please, keep trying ..."
Gillian the Barmaid
- "I've never heard of a Lachdanan before. I'm sorry, but I don't think that I can be of much help to you."
Ogden the Tavern Owner
- "You speak of a brave warrior long dead! I'll have no such talk of speaking with departed souls in my inn yard, thank you very much."
Griswold the Blacksmith
- "If it is actually Lachdanan that you have met, then I'd advise that you aid him. I dealt with him on several occasions and found him to be honest and loyal in nature. The curse that fell upon the followers of King Leoric would fall especially hard upon him."
Deckard Cain the Elder
- "You claim to have spoken with Lachdanan? He was a great hero during his life. Lachdanan was an honorable and just man who served his King faithfully for years. But of course, you already know that. Of those who were caught within the grasp of the King's curse, Lachdanan would be the least likely to submit to the Darkness without a fight, so I suppose that your story could be true. If I were in your place, my friend, I'd find a way to release him from his torture."
Pepin the Healer
- "A Golden Elixir, you say? I have never concocted a potion of that color before, so I can't tell you how it would affect you if you were to try to drink it. As your healer, I strongly advise that should you find such an Elixir, do as Lachdanan asks and do not try to use it."
Farnham the Drunk
- "Lachdanan is dead. Everybody knows that, and you can't fool me into thinking any other way. You can't talk to the dead. I know!"
- "Wait, let me guess. Cain was swallowed up in a gigantic fissure that opened beneath him. He was incinerated in a ball of Hellfire, and can't answer your questions anymore. Oh, that isn't what happened? Then I guess you'll be buying something or you'll be on your way."
Adria the Witch
- "You may meet people who are trapped within the labyrinth, such as Lachdanan. I sense in him honor and great guilt. Aid him, and you aid all of Tristram."
- "You have saved my soul from Damnation, and for that I'm in your debt. If there is ever a way that I can repay you from beyond the grave I will find it, but for now, take my helm. On the journey I am about to take, I will have little use for it. May it protect you against the dark powers below. Go with the Light, my friend ..."
Lachdanan's ghost returns to guide adventurers in Diablo 3. He is found in the Cathedral of Tristram.
This is just part of the material available on this topic. The Lachdanan article is available in the Diablo 2 wiki, which has a specific Diablo I and Diablo II focus. A lot of information unique to the first two Diablo games is available there. You can find it here:
- Diablo2.DiabloWiki.net/ .
|Characters & NPCs Import. Chars Rumoured Diablo 3 NPCs Diablo 2 NPCs Diablo 1 NPCs Minor A-K Minor L-Z Fanmade|
|Diablo III's Possible NPCs|
|NPCs of Diablo II||
Achilios - Adria - Akara - Albord - Aldric Jitan - Alkor - Anya - Arkaine - Asheara - Assur - Atma - Augustus Malevolyn - Baerna - Banagar - Benjin - Brek - Buyard Cholik - Camylle - Celestia - Cornelius - Darrick Lang - Diomedes - Drognan - Edgewulf - Elora - Elzix - Emilye - Fara - Farnham - Fautzin - Galeona - Garda - Gheed - Gillian - Gorst - Greiz - Griswold - Guthwulf - Hagan - Halbu - Hanos Jeronnan - Hargo - Hays - Hratli - Hrothwulf - Humbart Wessel - Hunfrith - Hyram - Icharion - Jace - Jamella - Jerhyn - Jodas - Juris Khan - Justinian IV - Kabraxis - Kara Nightshadow - Karybdus - Kashya - Kentril Dumon - Kethryes - Korlic - Kreghn - Ku Y'leh
Lam Esen - Larzuk - Linarian - Lysander - Malah - Mat Hu-Ring - Meshif - Mirakodus - Mordecai - Natalya - Nefriti - Nellia - Nihlathak - Nor Tiraj - Norrec Vizharan - Ogden - Ord Rekar - Orlif - Ormus - Oskal - Palashia - Pepin - Qarak - Qual-Kehk - Riordan Nesardo - Sadun Tryst - Salene Nesardo - Sardak - Sarnakyle - Septumos - Simon - Talic - Taramis Volken - Tilgar - Tobio - Toko - Tylwulf - Vischar Orous - Warriv - Wirt - Wulfgar - Xazax - Zagraal - Zayl - Zorea