Difference between revisions of "Xah’Rith the Keywarden"
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
Revision as of 09:55, 13 January 2014
Xah'Rith the Keywarden is a Unique boss added in Patch v1.0.5. This monster can be found somewhere in the Stonefort level of Act Three. On Inferno difficulty, Xah'Rith has a chance to drop the Key of Terror, an item required for the Infernal Machine end game event.
<mob>Xah'Rith the Keywarden</mob>
Shortly after the release of v1.05, some fans complained that Xah'Rith was too difficult.
We agree that he may be a little bit too challenging at the moment, and are discussing the possibility of either reducing his outgoing damage, tweaking what affixes he spawns with, or moving his spawn location (right now, he’s kind of hard to avoid if you’re just questing normally). We’d like to hear more from the community on the topic first, though, before we make any decisions.In the end, we want the keywardens to provide a fun challenge for players, and be a little more difficult than the surrounding wildlife (i.e. a fight you have to put some thought into), but we don’t want that to happen at the expense of being able to progress through an Act.
Obtaining a Hellfire Ring
- Obtain the three keys and the Infernal Machine plan for the Blacksmith.
- The Key of Destruction will drop from Odeg the Keywarden in Act I - Fields of Misery
- The Key of Hate will drop from Sokahr the Keywarden in Act II - Dahlgur Oasis
- The Key of Terror will drop from Xah'Rith the Keywarden in Act III - Stonefort
- The Blacksmithing Plans will drop from Nekarat the Keywarden in Act IV - Silver Spire Level 1
- Craft three keys, one of each, into the Portal Device.
- Activate the Portal Device inside of the Heretic's Abode to create a red portal to one of the three Realms:
- Take the three demonic organs to Haedrig and craft them into a Hellfire Ring.
Note that steps 1-3 must be repeated multiple times, since you must create at least three red portals to obtain all three demonic organs. Furthermore, unless you are playing on Monster Power 10, the keywardens do not always drop keys and the uber bosses do not always drop the demonic organs.