I had to archive my talk page even further, as it was once again getting long. Welcome to the new one, feel free to leave any messages at the bottom of the page!
You can find the old ones above on the navigation. Please don't edit those one! :P If you want to continue on older topics, make a new one and bring it up like if it was a new one. I brought over a few topics that are a bit recent.
I peek back and find.. 1500 spam posts. I don't think blocking the individual accounts will help much; they seem to make an account per post. Semi-blocking account creation (putting the Page Creation right into a usergroup that's only granted to real users by hand) for a few days may or may not help; it would at least stop them from making more pages. I don't think you're going to be able to wait this one out.
Also, are you going to delete the spam pages, or just leave them there? (just curious) --Vipermagi 10:52, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
- Hey man! Indeed so. We've been spammed. Not 1500, more like a few hundred (280 or so). I have now manually banned them all, I hope no real users were banned in the process. Will start deleting pages now. Rushster was adamant to not have manual confirmation of users, so that's not happening, but he has installed Re-Captcha, and the second that went live, it seemed to stop, so good tidings. This could have gone on for a week if we were unlucky!
- I Don't think you have permissions to delete pages, but if you do, go ahead and help me delete them. :)
- PS, you like the new navboxes? :)--Leord 13:36, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
- WOW! I went to do my daily web surf and saw that stack of deleted pages and... just WOW! I'm speechless...
- --belushi81x 15:33, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
- Lol, tell me about it! It's a full day's work just getting rid of the SHITsters. God, I am pissed off at the moment. --Leord 15:39, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, 1500 was a... slight hyperbole :) Good to hear the spambot(s) has (have) been stopped.
- I cannot delete pages. Way back then you couldn't find the user rights page, and then we derailed the topic I think. Oh well, doing fine without :P
- Not sure which navboxes you are referring to. Haven't really looked at content pages lately because Blizzard hasn't really released anything (anxiously awaiting BlizzCon), so if you're referring to navboxes on content pages, I haven't seen them yet. --Vipermagi 18:59, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
- But you forgot how to link ;) You guys should be able to make another usergroup that only has Delete rights, or anything else really. As for my interest, I still check pretty much every non-fanmade-space edit that pours through the wiki. I'm no good at adding content, though (what, where, how? No idea), so I don't make many edits. With new content comes new typos however, and that's the gist of what I've fixed up around here ^^
- So how about those navboxes you mentioned?
- EDIT: Oh. The class navbox, I presume. That's pretty awesome. Personally find it a tidbit annoying that the size of it changes dynamically due to the tabbing and different sizes of those, but it's a minor issue at best. Now to hope the spell names don't go too long so the box doesn't stretch in width :) --Vipermagi 18:19, 9 July 2010 (UTC)
- Personally, I don't mind much, but I can see your point. As for the skills, there's no other plausible way, and also, no point in spending loads of time on something that will change in October. I'd much rather re-visit it then. I don't think spell names will be a major deal tbh. Will just have to change the cell widths about a bit if that's the case. OR, if it's a long name, it's usually multiple words, not one long word, so it will break to two lines or the like.
- As for edits, what about you perhaps help me with like making individual item pages for Uniques and Set items in the D2 wiki? It's a fairly straight-forward job, and mostly copy+pasting. Not likely you will make mistakes. ;) It's not great fun, but very very useful in the long run. --Leord 10:28, 12 July 2010 (UTC)
- What where and how? :p --Vipermagi 16:12, 12 July 2010 (UTC)
Uniques and Set Items
Like this, the Trang-Oul stuff etc. All those items. I have made some quite advanced templates for it, that will work for D3 later as well (hopefully).
- So I take, for example, BK's two swords. I put the two swords on the Set page in the new template (ex. here), create two new pages (1 per sword), and put the sword data and background in a mold (ex. here).
- Did I get that right, miss anything? --Vipermagi 16:29, 12 July 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, awesome, it's amazing to ask someone to do something and they understand without massive explanations! :D However, if you do have questions on how some of the templates work, ask me. There might be info missing on the help sections. --Leord 16:31, 12 July 2010 (UTC)
- I guess previous experience with content splitting helps a little ;) I'll drop you a line somewhere if I can't figure it out. --Vipermagi 16:33, 12 July 2010 (UTC)
- Massive love your way man. I'd really liked to have been done with it ages ago, but just have not had the time!
- It may look a little bit weird without "background", but you can probably find most of the lore for these things, if they exist, in the D3Wiki, or else just leave it looking a little weird, and I can help with lore.
- I suggest just making one piece of background for all of the pieces, and paste it in, to save time, that's what I did. --Leord 16:38, 12 July 2010 (UTC)
- How do I list 1h and 2h damage in the Itembox? Looked around the code, but it seems to only accept two values; melee once and ranged once. BK's Sacred Charge can be wielded in one hand as well. --Vipermagi 17:05, 12 July 2010 (UTC)
- Long story short: I had to go (which is why I didn't get other sets done today), so I kept the edit hoping for the 2h/1h damage business to be explained, and now I have to shut down the computer. I'm going to save the edits, and check back tomorrow. Additionally, I'll probably split a couple other sets as well tomorrow. --Vipermagi 20:37, 12 July 2010 (UTC)
- Oki, seems I missed that then. I'll try to fix it asap. --Leord 09:18, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
- I have updated the itembox now: Just use the same damage indicator as the old, but add "_1h_" in it. Juct check Leord 11:54, 14 July 2010 (UTC) for the legend of how to do it. Other than that, I also wanted to compliment you on your progress. Very well done! :) --
- Thanks (twice) <3 Updating BK's again. I plan to do one set a day, more if I have time to kill.
- Also; I didn't know all sets were 1.10, so I ?'d that one. Meant to ask that, but must've forgotten. Well, you spotted it :) Will keep it in mind for the next set(s).
- Something is causing a major break on Arcanna's Tricks, though. I have no idea what :( --Vipermagi 12:57, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- On it, will shortly make another comment here, just informing you I am on it, found the cause. --Leord 13:31, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- Oki. First off, is there no chance to talk to you directly with icq or msn? Would make things a LOT easier! :P Secondly, I have a few comments. I do NOT know they are all Patch 1.10, but if you add a "?", it kind of fucks up. I am fairly certain they are all 1.10, so if they are not, more skilled people than us can update them imho. If we choose not to display patch, just comment out that choice instead of "?".
- All items must have an ilvl at the moment, that is why some pages fuck up. I will fix it shortly. In either way, even later, make sure that ilvl is commentated out, not set to "?" as it fucks up the templates and categories.
- Type = item type - What I mean is that "type" in the list is the sort of item, not slot. At one place you set "Main Hand" for type, where it probably needed to be "Sword".
- Check out , which is the closest to perfect a set can come.
- Will get right on the ilvl bugs now :)
- --Leord 13:36, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- FIXED! :) Now I'm just gona work on the categories, so they work when no ilvl is added.--Leord 13:42, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
- You can add me on MSN if you want. I have my status set to Offline by default, and may or may not respond in a timely fashion. Left my adress in a comment. --Vipermagi 13:49, 14 July 2010 (UTC)