Paul Warzecha at Blizzcon 2010.
Paul Warzecha is a Lead Character Artist on Diablo III.
Paul worked at Stardock from 2001 to 2003 as an artist. Some of his work can be appreciated in Galactic Civilizations II, where he created many of the race portaits which were well-received by the community. After leaving Stardock, Paul went to work for Ensemble Studios (from 2003 to 2008) as a 3D artist. Owned by Microsoft since 2001, Ensemble Studios officially disbanded in January/February 2009. They were well known for the incredibly popular Age of Empires series.
In January 2008, Paul joined Blizzard as a Lead Character Artist. He now works on Diablo III.
Paul has a blogspot website where he has posted a few of his works, but it is updated very infrequently. He is also a member of the Dallas Sketchbook Group, where he has posted a few of his sketches.
At the Blizzcon 2010 Gameplay panel, Paul explained the direction they wanted to go with the Demon Hunter in regards to character art.
- 2009 - Halo Wars, Microsoft Game Studios; Art
- 2007 - Galactic Civilizations II: Dark Avatar, Stardock; Art and Animation
- 2006 - Age of Empires III: The WarChiefs, Microsoft Game Studios; Additional Playtesting and Help
- 2006 - Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords, Stardock; Art and Animation
- 2005 - Age of Empires III, Microsoft Game Studios; Art
- 2003 - Galactic Civilizations, Strategy First; Animation
- 2001 - LightWeight Ninja, Stardock; Artwork