Vendor, merchant, blacksmith and other related words all refer to a NPC who is selling and/or buying and/or repairing goods and/or services. It's a pretty broad term for the sort of "useful" NPCs that are (mostly) not directly involved with quests and story progression. Merchants are also the goal of a handful of achievements in Diablo III.
Since the beginning of RPGs, there has always been someone there who was interested in buying your "Rotten Apples" or "Diamond Rings", and also able to sell you new treasure for gold, or whatever the local currency would be.
These can be called by some generic term like merchant or vendor, but is sometimes referred to with their real profession, like a blacksmith. Depending on title, the items they sell can vary, like a potion master would only sell potions.
Vendor NPCs are able to repair equipment and other functions, and while they mostly are not involved in quests or have proper dialogues, they sometimes do that as well. The merchants in Diablo III are often NPCs who take part in side-stories, whether they are adventures in a desert cave, or even Events like The Precious Ores.
Town merchants are static and will always be found in their own part of town.
They fall into a few general categories: Fence, Miner, and Collector. There are a few that are exclusive to each act.
- Fences sell bows and similar items, rings, amulets, and armor.
- Miners sell armor and melee weapons.
- Collectors sell weapons that are not really fitting into the other categories, armor, potions and dyes.
- Quartermasters are rather bland as they only sell potions. The only one in the game is in act 3.
- Barkeeps/Inkeepers have a very similar function, and that is that they sell potions, exactly like the Quartermaster.
- Peddlers sell weird weapons fitting for a Collector and all the special stuff in the game, such as the Hellfire Ring Plan and crafting plans. The only peddler in the game also sells Wirt's Bell, essential for creating the Staff of Herding.
- Tashun the Miner - Right next to Cain's House.
- Arghus the Collector - Right along the path to the lower part of New Tristram.
- Radek the Fence - Near the Jeweler, by the lamp post.
- Bron the Barkeep - Right in the Slaughtered Calf Inn.
- Squirt the Peddler - Right by the waypoint to the north. You might miss her if you do not know what to look for. She used to be in the Caldeum Bazaar, but in a later patch was moved to the Hidden Camp.
- Silmak the Fence - Far to the northwest of the Hidden Camp.
- Lugo the Miner - Right by the gate to the Black Canyon Bridge in the Caldeum Bazaar. He then appears in the Hidden Camp when you accept The Scouring of Caldeum quest and later the Storm Cellar and Storage Cellar in the Dahlgur Oasis.
- Tilnan the Collector - Difficult to miss, just look for the round patch of green by the gate to Caldeum. He also appears in the Hidden Camp during The Scouring of Caldeum quest.
- Sadeir the Innkeeper - Located in the Searing Sands Inn in the Caldeum Bazaar.
- Gorell the Quartermaster - Right by the Followers.
- Botulph the Miner - Southeast of the waypoint.
- Litton the Fence - South of the waypoint.
- Vidar the Collector - Northwest of the waypoint.
Same as Act III, as the town is the exact same.
No merchants known yet.
Wandering merchants are those you can find while exploring sanctuary.
- Adenah the Curio Vendor - House of Curios, Fields of Misery, (random)
- Kyr the Weaponsmith - Highlands Passage, (random)
- Rodger the Alchemist - Wortham, (random)
- Vendel the Armorsmith - Watch Tower, Southern Highlands, (random)
- Wandering Tinker - Fields of Misery, (random)
- Javad the Merchant - Rotting Cellar, Dahlgur Oasis
- Karla - Flooded Causeway, Caldeum
- Larra - Deserted Cellar, Black Canyon Mines, (random)
- Lugo the Miner - Caldeum Bazaar and Storage Cellar in the Dahlgur Oasis
- Zaven the Alchemist - Dahlgur Oasis, (random)
No merchant appears outside of town in diablo 3.
Nothing known yet.
Merchant is in some way involved in the following achievement(s).
|Characters & NPCs Import. Chars Rumoured Diablo 3 NPCs Diablo 2 NPCs Diablo 1 NPCs Minor A-K Minor L-Z Fanmade|
|Diablo III's Possible NPCs|
|NPCs of Diablo II||
Achilios - Adria - Akara - Albord - Aldric Jitan - Alkor - Anya - Arkaine - Asheara - Assur - Atma - Augustus Malevolyn - Baerna - Banagar - Benjin - Brek - Buyard Cholik - Camylle - Celestia - Cornelius - Darrick Lang - Diomedes - Drognan - Edgewulf - Elora - Elzix - Emilye - Fara - Farnham - Fautzin - Galeona - Garda - Gheed - Gillian - Gorst - Greiz - Griswold - Guthwulf - Hagan - Halbu - Hanos Jeronnan - Hargo - Hays - Hratli - Hrothwulf - Humbart Wessel - Hunfrith - Hyram - Icharion - Jace - Jamella - Jerhyn - Jodas - Juris Khan - Justinian IV - Kabraxis - Kara Nightshadow - Karybdus - Kashya - Kentril Dumon - Kethryes - Korlic - Kreghn - Ku Y'leh
Lam Esen - Larzuk - Linarian - Lysander - Malah - Mat Hu-Ring - Meshif - Mirakodus - Mordecai - Natalya - Nefriti - Nellia - Nihlathak - Nor Tiraj - Norrec Vizharan - Ogden - Ord Rekar - Orlif - Ormus - Oskal - Palashia - Pepin - Qarak - Qual-Kehk - Riordan Nesardo - Sadun Tryst - Salene Nesardo - Sardak - Sarnakyle - Septumos - Simon - Talic - Taramis Volken - Tilgar - Tobio - Toko - Tylwulf - Vischar Orous - Warriv - Wirt - Wulfgar - Xazax - Zagraal - Zayl - Zorea