From Diablo Wiki
Horadric Caches (AKA "goodie bags") are awarded by Tyrael for completing all 5 bounties in one Act. This feature is only available in Reaper of Souls, and only in Adventure Mode. These "goodie bags" are much sought after since they have a chance to drop some special legendary items that can not be obtained any other way.
Each Horadric Cache contains a semi-random assortment of crafting materials, gems, Nephalem Rift Keystone Fragments, a Rare item, and may also contain Blood Shards, crafting plans or designs, and set or legendary items.
Obtaining Horadric Caches
Each game in Adventure Mode has five randomly-selected bounties per act. Completing all five in any of the Acts will allow all players in the game to collect a Horadric Cache from Tyrael. Everyone in the game gets a cache regardless of where they are or if they assisted in any of the bounties, and split farming is a popular strategy to obtain more caches quickly. Multiple players in the game spread out, even clearing different acts at the same time, to complete all of the bounties as quickly as possible.
Split Farming was epidemic during the Reaper of Souls beta when every bounty completed awarded a small Horadric Cache, and all five in an act granted a large Horadric Cache. Blizzard adjusted that system so that the individual bounties only granted exp and gold, and only that to players in the area when the bounty is completed. But since Caches still go to everyone in the game, split farming remains a viable strategy.
Horadric Cache Contents
Horadric Caches are limited in what they can drop, and fairly predictable. Each Cache will always hold a 5-10 materials (mostly white and blue), a potion or two, 1-4 gems (Marquise only), 2 Nephalem Rift Keystones, an occasional Blood Shard, 1 or 2 Rare items, and a very occasional legendary item.
A through study was undertaken by Diablo.IncGamers.com in early April 2014, when 102 bags were opened (on video) and the contents recorded.
- Marquise Gems: 255 (2.5 per bag)
- Reusable Parts: 347 (3.47 per bag)
- Arcane Dust: 255 (2.55 per bag)
- Veiled Crystal: 30 (.3 per bag)
- Rift Key Fragments: 202 (2 per bag)
- Health Potions: 154 (1.54 per bag)
- Blood Shards: 25 (1 per 4 bags).
- Rare Items: 127 (1.27 per bag)
- Legendary Items: 11 (1 every 9 bags)
- Crafting Plans: 0 (Very rare drop, depending on how many plans your Smith doesn't already know.)
Horadric Cache-only Items
There are a number of legendary items that can *only* be found in Horadric Caches, and only from certain acts. There is no other way to obtain these items other than via Horadric Caches, and many players spent much time farming all the bounties in specific acts in an effort to find one or more of these special legendary items.
- Detailed article pages with full item stats will shortly be added for all these items.
- Legendary property: After earning a massacre bonus, 4–6 Skeletons are summoned to fight by your side for 10 seconds
- One-Handed Mace
- Legendary property: After killing 10 enemies, you release a Poison Nova that deals 1050–1400% weapon damage as Poison to enemies within 30 yards.
- Legendary property: When receiving fatal damage, there is a chance that you are instead restored to 25% of maximum Life and cause nearby enemies to flee in fear.
- Legendary property: Reduces the number of items needed for set bonuses by 1 (to a minimum of 2).
- Legendary property: Chance on being hit to deal 1000% of your Thorns damage to nearby enemies.
- Legendary property: Enemy missiles sometimes pass through you harmlessly.
- Legendary property: You take 45–60% less damage from blocked attacks.
- Legendary property: Shrine effects last for 10 minutes. (Currently bugged. Empowered and Fleeting Shrines last 60 minutes.)
- Legendary property: You may move unhindered through enemies.
- Legendary property: Each time you pick up gold, increase your Gold and Health Pickup radius by 1 yard for 10 seconds, stacking up to 30 times.
- Legendary property: Gain 500 Life Regeneration per second for each second you stand still. This effect stacks up to 8 times.
- Two-Handed Axe
- Legendary property: Killing enemies and destroying objects has a chance to grant 20% of your maximum primary resource.
- Legendary property: Gain 100% Critical Hit Chance against enemies at full health.
- Legendary property: Chance on hit to charm the enemy. While charmed, the enemy takes 35% more damage
- Legendary property: Picking up a Health Globe increases your maximum Life by 5% for 15 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.
- Legendary property: Your resource costs are reduced by 30% after not taking damage for 5 seconds.
No legendary items are specially tied to Act Four Caches, but bounty bags earned in that act can contain the special legendary items from any of the other acts. Thus players seeking one particular item, such as the Gloves of Worship, will usually collect the Cache from Act 2 and Act 4 in each game.
- Legendary property: Enemies slain while Feared die in a bloody explosion and cause other nearby enemies to flee in Fear.
- Legendary property: Gain an aura of death that deals 750-1000% of your Life per Second to enemies within 20 yards. You no longer regenerate Life.
- Crusader Shield
- Legendary property: Blocked attacks heal you and your allies for 20–30% of the amount blocked.
- Hand Crossbow
- Legendary property: 7–10% chance on hit to summon a Spike Trap, Caltrops or Sentry
- Two-Handed Mace
- Legendary property: When you kill an enemy, it explodes for 450–600% of your Life per Kill as damage to all enemies within 20 yards. You no longer benefit from your Life per Kill.
Horadric Caches were seen during the Reaper of Souls beta test. Initially they were awarded for every single Bounty, as well as finishing an Act of Bounties. Caches were also awarded from completing a Nephalem Rift (at that time the Rift Guardian only dropped a couple of items, like a random Elite, with the main reward coming in the bag back in town).
In those early days, Caches looked like bags, and came in two sizes, with Lesser Horadric Caches awarded for each bounty and Greater Horadric Caches for a full Act of bounties or a Nephalem Rift.
|Items of Diablo III  Item Basics Normal Items Crafting Legendary Armor I Legendary Armor II Legendary Weapons 1h Legendary Weapons 2h Item Sets|
|Item Basics||Item Affixes||Interface||Artisans||Miscellaneous |
• Prefixes & Suffixes
|Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls Item Sets||Reaper of Souls only |
Crafted Item Sets
Crafted Item Sets
Themed Item Sets
Copyright IncGamers Ltd 2016