From Diablo Wiki
A Fleeting Shrine provides a boost to character's movement speed. The shrine also provides a +25 yard bonus to a character's gold and health orb pick up radius.
While this is generally the most popular shrine for the movement speed bonus and easy gold pickup, some players dislike it since it makes it nearly impossible to avoid unneeded health globes, saving them for possible emergency use later.
General Shrine Information
Shrines are randomly-located, randomly-spawned objects that characters can click to receive temporary buffs. Shrine effects pass to all players in the area when they are first triggered. All shrine benefits last for 2 minutes, and characters can benefit from multiple different shrines at once. Shrine bonuses and durations do not stack, and hitting a second shrine of the same type will simply reset the time to the full two minute duration.
- Blessed Shrine - Reduces all damage taken by 25%.
- Empowered Shrine – Increased resource regeneration and reduced cooldowns. (Added in Patch 1.0.5.)
- Enlightened Shrine - +25% Experience. (This shrine did not appear in Inferno prior to v1.0.5.)
- Fleeting Shrine – Increased movement speed and adds 25 yards to gold and health orb pickup radius. (Added in Patch 1.0.5.)
- Fortune Shrine - A +25% bonus to Magic Find and Gold Find. This bonus stacks on top of other MF/GF bonuses from equipment, Nephalem Valor stacks, and Paragon levels. After Patch v1.08 it gained the ability to boost above the 300% MF/GF cap.
- Frenzied Shrine - Increases attack speed by 25%.
A Fan Favorite
Fleeting Shrines were easily the most popular amongst fans in a vote on Diablo.IncGamers.com in November 2012.
Which is your favorite shrine in Diablo III?
Total Voters: 2,423
- Fleeting Shrine (Faster run, +pickup radius) (50%, 1,207 Votes)
- Frenzied Shrine (Faster Attack) (21%, 510 Votes)
- Empowered Shrine (Faster regen / shorter cooldowns) (15%, 366 Votes)
- Fortune Shrine (+25% MF/GF) (5%, 122 Votes)
- Enlightened Shrine (+25% Exp gain) (5%, 113 Votes)
- Protection Shrine (Reduces incoming damage by 25%) (2%, 57 Votes)
- Not sure/no opinion. (2%, 48 Votes)