Wheel of Misfortune
From Diablo Wiki
If an Ancient Device spawns in front of a platform breaking the device will cause one of ten things to happen. As the device will not always spawn it could take some time to work you way through the ten at which point you will earn the achievement.
- The Veiled Treasure - a small dungeon with numerous Resplendent Chests inside will spawn, complete with elite packs. There is also a high probability of a Treasure Goblin spawning, as well.
- The Fowl Lair - This dungeon contains an enemy that is most horrendous and revolting. With grease.
- A pile of Diseased Bodies will spawn, which in turn will spawn a group of Betrayed.
- A group of Bone Warriors will spawn (and can spawn as elites).
- A group of Vile Swarms will spawn.
- A plain treasure chest will appear, with a randomized drop.
- A Resplendent Chest will spawn.
- Gold will rain down in small doses, like that of the Countess's chest in Diablo II.
- A Superunique Sand Golem named Ernutet, Guardian of the Veiled Treasure will spawn, along with two companions. He has the illusionist boss modifier.
- An ancient urn will spawn. It breaks easily.
- Nothing all appears on the platform.
Farming for the Wheel of Misfortune
- From the Quest No.8 Black Soulstone > Realm of Shadow.
- Take the Waypoint from the Hidden Camp to the Archives of Zoltun Kulle.
- As soon as you land, head left to the exit from the Archives into the Desolate Sands. You will get a Checkpoint as you near the exit.
- Head right over the bridge and into the sands. A short way in is the first location the Ancient Device can spawn (1). Look for steps up to the device.
- If none are there Teleport to town and take the Waypoint to the Ancient Path.
- A short way from the end of the path into the Sands is the second possible spawn point (2). Look for steps up to the device.
- If the Ancient Device does not spawn in either location leave game and resume. Head down the portal from the Hidden Camp directly to the exit from the Archives of Zoltun Kulle and start the hunt again.
- It can also be done in Adventure Mode, except that the Ancient Path Waypoint will not be available.
| Wheel of Misfortune
|10||Experience all the possibilities of the Ancient Device in the Desolate Sands.|
A video showing each outcome of the ancient device:
|Achievements General Campaign Cooperative Hardcore Classes Challenges Crafting Feats of Strength|
• Level 10 *
• Demon Hunter
• Stop Hitting Yourself
• Made to Order *
• Return Business *
Copyright IncGamers Ltd 2016