From Diablo Wiki
Saw your updates, very good, and also a good attitude, but you shouldn't be afraid to edit. It's very easy to restore if we're not agreeing. I left a reply on the inventory talk page. Is this your first experience in a wiki btw? --Leord 12:40, 1 April 2009 (CEST)
- Yeah.... my 1st edit was the fury orb, but i did that through trial and error... i was just checking the wiki and i saw the "did you know?" and on the bottom of that it said "that you can help even by correcting a spelling mistake"... then i checked fury and i thought what the heck? so i gave it a try... its fun!... k, just lemme make the new image, and i'll edit the page. P.S i may be needing your advice... --User:DxAxxxTyriel 13:13, 1 April 2009 (CEST)
- Oki, saw you added an image. Bad timing since I had just done the same, but never the less! =) I didn't know you were still awake! Hard to know with time zone differences. =) Anyway, I like your writing, so yours was better anyway, and I had forgotten about boots anyway on mine! I'm gonna add a few images though, just to polish it up. BTW, check out Help:Talk on how to make and sign your talk posts easier ;) --Leord 15:25, 1 April 2009 (CEST)
- I replied on my page as well =) --Leord 15:49, 1 April 2009 (CEST)
- You dont have to dual reply.. im watching your talk section... kinda... anywho, ill be going soon, i was fixing my insomnia by staying awake for like 24 hours till the next day.... so ill be out cold in bout 4 hours, so i have to play games b4 me bro takes the pc....
- Lol, haha, I know the feeling, done that a few times =) --Leord 15:59, 1 April 2009 (CEST)
- ok listen, if that shmuck adds another "the image to the right (my image btw) confused left hand with right hand", i will kill him... i did not confuse... i removed that thing like 2 times already... in MY image it says RIGHT HAND on his right hand, and left hand on his left hand... so help me chuck norris, i will catch that shmuck and @%$#%#%@ him!
- =D Oki, calm down. when I first re-wrote that section, I was not aware of the fact that the text referred to the text on the old image. Still, the fact that Blizz has left hand on the right side is worth pointing out, so I used the word "visually" instead, ok? =) I can clarify it further as well, but the page needs and Inventory View section anyway, as we need to add more info there, such as the talisman image, and the empty one.
- I apologize it seemed like the article said you made a mistake, but you have not, and it should not be like that. =) --Leord 16:08, 1 April 2009 (CEST)
- P.S i kinda screwed up your gallery.... it wont go below the table of contents... BTW how does a table of contents represent itself in wiki editting?
- P.P.S, i fixed it... sorry, i thought it was some damn troll being a bastard....
- P.P.P.S, i didnt fix it... can you fix it? for some reason the damn thing wont go below table of contents without a title being on top of gallery.... any who, i gtg....
- P.P.P.P.S, people can tell apart left from right when looking into a mirror... so yeah, i dont think that "thing" is needed... it also has my name in it, wiki is kinda anonymous...
- It's alright. We'll leave it there for now. Vikkz obviously had a problem seeing which hand was what, so others might as well =) --Leord 17:07, 1 April 2009 (CEST)
That's AWESOME job man! Very nicely done! You're giving me shivers! Even the Abd al-Hazir entry is as it should be with formatting and every single detail! I must say you learn REALLY quickly! And I just realized I used an exclamation mark on every sentence so far in this post... =P Anyway, huge kudos to you!
I just added a few links and categories on the two pages. Do you have an idea what you want to do next, or can I give you some advice? --Leord 13:48, 2 April 2009 (CEST)
- well the item background idea seems good, lets do that.... i got some more but i cant remember em, gimme like 20 mins... --DxAxxxTyriel 14:16, 2 April 2009 (CEST)
- did you see the Skill Rune changes i made? --DxAxxxTyriel 14:20, 2 April 2009 (CEST)
- oh i remembered, i wanted to change the known item article, specifically Brackets with words in em, cause every item is white, Variations of stats make it blue, yellow or purple or orange or whatever... Also specifying the gems in Known Item list.... also, instead of specifying blue items, lets just list the Prefixes/Suffixes and what they do... Cause a Boots and gloves are the same if they have the same Prefix/suffix. --DxAxxxTyriel 15:12, 2 April 2009 (CEST)
- That's just ace! =) I was thinking the same thing when I looked it overt he last time. Make sure to send me a little poke when you did some update, like this, so I can make a note on the main Diii.net page as well! =) Also, make sure to ask me if you have any questions or ideas for the wiki. =) --Leord 15:36, 2 April 2009 (CEST)
Item list article
Its edited... heavily... --DxAxxxTyriel 20:04, 2 April 2009 (CEST)
- Bloody good work! =) Only thing you could do to improve it might be adding a few more screenshots. --Leord 19:59, 2 April 2009 (CEST)
- good idea... DONT EDIT IT OR ILL SEND CHUCK NORRIS! --DxAxxxTyriel 20:04, 2 April 2009 (CEST)
- Ok i edited it with pics... i had pics for armor and weapons too, but i had troulbe putting them in correctly.... --DxAxxxTyriel 23:07, 2 April 2009 (CEST)
- could you tell me your sleep/awake regime? and your timezone...--DxAxxxTyriel 07:01, 3 April 2009 (CEST)
- Feel free to add me to MSN/ICQ! I also do work on StarcraftWire.net, so I'm not on DW all the time. I have many different interests. =) Other than that I'm in GMT +0 and I'm usually online 10am to 6pm at LEAST, and then more in the evenings and afternoons as well. I'm usually never online between 2am-10am, as I'm sleeping then, or travelling. =) --Leord 15:19, 7 April 2009 (CEST)
Could you use
[[User:DxAxxxTyriel|DxAxxxTyriel]] as your Signature in your preferences? This will make your signature link to your userpage, making it a lot more accessible. If you want, you can also add a link to your talk page, by using
[[User:DxAxxxTyriel|talkpage]] or something similar. Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work! :) --Vipermagi 12:39, 3 April 2009 (CEST)
- Thanks for the suggestion, but it wasnt linking because my page was empty, its not anymore, so the link to my page will work now. thx in advance. --DxAxxxTyriel 12:58, 3 April 2009 (CEST)
Just a tip: You might want to mask your e-mail to name[at]domain[dot]com or something, because there are spam bot crawlers on the web just gathering e-mail addresses, even if they are in text format like that. =) --Leord 15:19, 7 April 2009 (CEST)
I'm compiling all comments under one headline, so I changed the title. --Leord 17:30, 7 April 2009 (CEST)
- it's in the game term category... --DxAxxxTyriel 18:12, 7 April 2009 (CEST)
- You are right. However, I do not understand if you meant to say something significant with that statement. A lot of articles are in the game terms category...? --Leord 18:24, 7 April 2009 (CEST)
Talk:Rings - Made a small update. No rush to fix anything, and I didn't look at the Rings article yet, so I can't say if you actually need to do ANYTHING or not, but as a principle, we need to be very clear on what is speculation and what is confirmed. Even confirmed things can change, but that's fine since it's a wiki and it's easy to change! =) --Leord 18:24, 7 April 2009 (CEST)
- Regarding game term category/article... an article in game term category should only hold information bout that game term... DMG could mean damage, doesnt mean it should hold the entire information bout the damage article.
- And as for rings, i edited it... added the word presumably... going to do the same to amulets... P.S did you see my known items listing with the pics?
- P.P.S you need to get an IRC program ASAP!... --DxAxxxTyriel
- Ah, I get what you mean. Well, you are right about the game terms should be short and precise, but this is the wikipedia about Diablo, and we don't necessarily want people to have to go elsewhere to get the information they need. Explaining what the game term "DoT" means is important. However, if you want, you could just link that to a new article you make, called Damage over Time, and explain the issue there. =) Then we have one article for the abbreviation, and one for the actual meaning =) They BOTH go in game terms, however.
- I saw the ring edits, very good! =) I saw the pics, that was nice as well. You could possibly set the "|right" attribute in them though, so they end up on the right hand side. I'm not sure, what do you think?
- I do have IRC, but use ICQ and MSN more. =)
- Im on IRC right now although, im in quakenet "area"...... lets chat? cause this "Chatting" in a "forum" manner is sad.... MY NEWEST IDEA, diiiwiki irc channel... and please dont use terms like "however"... use terms like "DO IT NAO!!!!", its more fun... ill do the article tommorow, or maybe today... regarding items article "|right", bad idea... i've tried hard to put them so they at least fit without fucking the article up... --DxAxxxTyriel 19:05, 7 April 2009 (CEST)
- I have some experience in trying to get a channel started, and it's good to have a small group of people ready for it first. But I need to leave my PC now, so we could talk more tomorrow. Just tell me what channel, and I'll get on there =) --Leord 19:28, 7 April 2009 (CEST)
Hey mate. I love your updates so far, and I just have a little feedback on one thing, namely capital letters. You're only supposed to use them on names, titles and the first letter of every sentence. Examples:
- If Blizzard named a stat "Strength", then you can use a capital S, because it's a name for something.
- Each headline in the wiki can be capitalized, since it's a "title" for the section.
- Article names are not supposed to be capitalized, unless it's a title or a name: like "resource pool", which is a regular term we use, not a title or a name. If Blizzard start calling Mana/Fury "Resource", then we'll move the article to "Resource", and start using capital letter.
- Some words are both names and words. Like "mana". You can do wither way with mana. Capital isn't wrong, and neither is small letters. Here you consider Mana Globe, which is a name for an "item", and should be capitalised.
- Words like "skill", is not a name, term or title, and should almost always be small letter.
- Look at Stash.
- Since "Stash" it's both a word and a term, capital can be ok, and I'm open for discussing this, but I feel it's more a word than a term, so I would not capitalise it myself.
- A "Chest" is definitely a word, and should not be capitalised
- "Storing Space", is just a description, no capitals.
- The word "Important" should not be capitalized.
- The word "item" is a lot more a word than a term, and should not be capitalised.
As a general rule, always use regular letters, and only capitalize on proper titles, names and terms. In many cases, we also use small letter on terms as well.
I probably need to make a specific help article about capitalisation, lol =) --Leord 12:59, 9 April 2009 (CEST)
- Also, just have to point out that you're doing a great job. I saw your updates, and that's a clear improvement in writing (except for "behaviour", which is proper English spelling). On some places you also fixed names that SHOULD have capital, but didn't, like the "Siege Engine". I wasn't trying to come down on you or anything, just explaining the style of the wiki =) --Leord 13:04, 9 April 2009 (CEST)
- Regarding behaviour i used mozilla's word correction... i guess its a English/American difference, kinda like centre and center. And regarding capital letters, i capitalize things that need caps, Stash needs a cap... but maybe not on the 2nd word stash in an article... my point is that to keep things as professional as possible, using caps on almost everything occasionally helps.... not every letter, like the 1st letters for example... Critical hits article should be Critical Hits... you followin me camera guy? And regarding siege engine, it was already capitalized, except one of the words didnt have a cap, so i edited that. --DxAxxxTyriel 14:56, 9 April 2009 (CEST)
- Regarding the Siege Engine, yeah, that's what I meant, it was a good spot, and a fix. If you want to use Stash, that's ok, and crits are another matter again. Blizzard seems to currently write it "critical hit", so we'll do the same. The whole point is that there is a big inflation in the language with cap letters, and they should not be there in most cases, so we only use them on names and titles. It's a mindset more than clear cut rules. =) --Leord 18:23, 9 April 2009 (CEST)
Replied to your message on my talk page :) --Leord 16:55, 20 August 2009 (CEST)
Replied again. --Leord 12:18, 24 August 2009 (CEST)
Awesome job on the barb skills :) --Leord 18:12, 25 August 2009 (CEST)
Regarding Barb skills
No, I don't mind at all. Sorry. I just added the Weapon throw skill. You can check and see if I messed something up.
I just realized you have a LOT of hits on your talk page! :) Very weird. My old talk page, which was super-long only had 2300 or so hits! Yours is a lot shorter, and 1300 o.O --Leord 11:23, 28 August 2009 (CEST)
The man is back!
Man of the hour is back! :) Awesome flavour entries there ;) --Leord 11:26, 25 September 2009 (CEST)
Thx for adding stuff and fix typos
- its no problem, thank you for taking the time to add stuff where i haven't. Next time when you post on someone's talk page, you can press the Signature button that is above (left to the - thing), this shows that it is you who wrote it, so others know. --DxAxxxTyriel 16:37, 20 August 2010 (UTC)