User talk:Azymn/Boilerplate:Skill tree
From Diablo Wiki
Ooh, I like those. Defo look better than the first one I made :P --Vipermagi 15:24, 14 March 2009 (CET)
- I made a few more examples. I like my third one the most. It's compact, and includes all info. The main thing to note is that I'd like ALL nav boxes to retain 80% width! Besides that, what do the rest of you guys think? --Leord 13:49, 16 March 2009 (CET)
- Thanks for the feedback guys. 80% width is fine with me, the only issue we may face is how long certain skill tree names will be with the Pirate, Ninja, and Unicorntaur classes coming in the expansion. But we can handle that when the time comes, so I took Leord's 3rd suggestion and pared it down for our current needs. Anything else we want to tinker with at this point? --Azymn
- I am happy. No need to tinker more. I also think that they won't use uber-long class names or skill tree names, so I think we can go with this. Lets use this on all skills and skill trees.
- What I want to do, before we can implement any of what we discussed on ICQ, is to make sub-templates for each tree, that we insert at the bottom of this navbox. With a template attribute it's linked in. Do you understand what I mean? It's not vital at this point, but this extra piece of navigation will include all (known) skills of the tree you are currently looking at.
- Alternatively... It could be all the skills of a certain class, if that does not look cluttered. --Leord 18:34, 18 March 2009 (CET)
- Is this what you meant by sub-templates for a single tree? If so, it is absolutely what I was thinking for the bottom half of the multi-tabbed nav at the bottom (which we touched on in ICQ). The two upper tab rows would be for the other classes and skill trees. As far as the alternative (all skills of a certain class), my most compact take on that is here. It's a bit tall, but it might fit alright at the bottom of a fleshed out skill article.
- --Azymn 07:16, 24 March 2009 (CET)
- Sorry for the delay in response. Yeah, that's pretty spot on! We'll make room in the "main" tree navigation to have a specific tree implemented inside it. Because of the tables etc involved, the actual detailed tree template can't have its own table headers. There are some issues with borders and cell padding that I have not been able to find where to change... --Leord 16:47, 1 April 2009 (CEST)
Saw your edits. I like the idea. We'll perhaps not do it exactly like that, but very good to visualise the nav box, and we'll definitely do something very similar. --Leord 16:38, 7 April 2009 (CEST)
Copyright IncGamers Ltd 2016