Retaliation (skill)

ADVERTISEMENT

From Diablo Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Retaliation is a tier V skill in the Battlemaster Skill Tree, which causes successful blocks to increase weapon damage for a limited amount of time. Also, during the duration of the buff, the Barbarian cannot be interrupted.


Important.png Archived Article [e]
Retaliation (skill) is an archived article about material previously included in Diablo 3. However, it has been removed or the article contains outdated facts. The information is stored in Diablo Wiki for posterity. Please note: Links in this article lead to both updated and archived material.

This article was last up to date:Updated version of this article is:
    None
Current information can be found at:


Background[edit]

Diablo III Skill [e]
Diablo III Logo.jpg
Retaliation

Passive, 5 ranks

Used by: Barbarian
Skill Description:
Successful blocks have a X% chance to increase weapon damage by Y% for Z seconds. In addition, the Barbarian cannot be interrupted by enemy attacks while this buff is active
Skill Details:
Type: Buff
Quantity: Chance
Effect: Self
School: Physical
Fury cost: None
Cast time: None
Duration: None
Cooldown: None
Synergies: None
Requires: N/A
Prereq of: N/A

The Barbarian retaliates, striking stronger to pummel the enemy to death and cannot be interrupted while doing so.


Skill Design[edit]

A good reason to make the Barbarian wield a shield and a 1 handed weapon, this skill defines how Battlemaster Barbarians are meant to be played, with a shield. As a contrast to other skills in this tree which mostly focus on defense, this skill adds weapon damage on a successful block.

Skill Rank Table[edit]

(legend (A) = Assumed)

  • Rank: 1/5
    • Successful blocks have a 10% chance to increase weapon damage by 50% for 5 seconds. In addition, the Barbarian cannot be interrupted by enemy attacks while this buff is active.
    • Fury Cost: None
  • Rank: 2/5
    • Successful blocks have a 15% chance to increase weapon damage by 55% for 6 seconds. In addition, the Barbarian cannot be interrupted by enemy attacks while this buff is active. (A)
    • Fury Cost: None
  • Rank: 3/5
    • Successful blocks have a 20% chance to increase weapon damage by 60% for 7 seconds. In addition, the Barbarian cannot be interrupted by enemy attacks while this buff is active. (A)
    • Fury Cost: None
  • Rank: 4/5
    • Successful blocks have a 25% chance to increase weapon damage by 65% for 8 seconds. In addition, the Barbarian cannot be interrupted by enemy attacks while this buff is active. (A)
    • Fury Cost: None
  • Rank: 5/5
    • Successful blocks have a 30% chance to increase weapon damage by 70% for 9 seconds. In addition, the Barbarian cannot be interrupted by enemy attacks while this buff is active. (A)
    • Fury Cost: None


Synergies[edit]

  • None known.


Skill Rune Effects[edit]

  • None known.


Development[edit]

Retaliation was seen in the BlizzCon 2009 demo and is a new skill. It is unknown if this spell was iterated, at least not publicly.


Media[edit]

You can find pictures in the Diablo 3 screenshot and picture gallery. Sadly, no images of Retaliation have been seen:


Related Articles[edit]


References[edit]