From Diablo Wiki
 Queen Aranea's Abilities
The fight with Queen Araneae is very straight-forward. She only has a small handful of abilities to choose from, moves and attacks slowly, and will retreat periodically during the battle to have the hero battle her minions.
- Vomit - The queen will vomit green, poisonous slime onto the floor at the foot of the player dealing moderate damage over time.
- Web Spit - The queen will fire off a glob of webbing at the floor to slow a hero when they are out of melee range.
- Charge - The queen will rear back, charging the player with a small knockback. This usually precedes her casting her vomit ability.
- Summon Minions - The queen will retreat into one of the cavernous holes in the arena, and multiple Brood Daughters will emerge to challenge the hero. The spiders themselves have no special abilities outside of their normal web spit.
- Spiderlings - On occasion, the queen will summon a small handful of tiny spiderlings to get squashed by the hero.
- Plagued - Araneae has the Plagued modifier.
Once you are in her chamber the entrance back to the Caverns of Araneae is closed off to you as is the way past the lady in the web.
Queen Araneae forms part of the following Achievement.
|10|| Kill the following enemies while wearing head, shoulder, feet, leg, hand, and torso equipment colored with Lovely Dye.
Araneae's story is explored solely through lore books and journals that are dropped within the spider caves. Her narrative and exposition revolve around manipulation from Leoric and Lazarus during Leoric's reign of madness.
 The Spider Queen
From the ramblings of Deckard Cain:
- Rumor has it that Lazarus loosed a silent terror in the caves near Leoric's Manor before he died. He labored for weeks under a group of unusually large spiders, and many of his servants quietly disappeared during this time...The largest creature lead the others into the caves. None who have ventured there have returned.
 Torn Letter
- Chancellor Eamon, It is of the utmost importance that we secure my manor from the traitorous rabble in Tristram. The caves to the east are too close to my land! They must be blocked—completely obstructed. I believe the archbishop Lazarus has magically bound some arachnids of late. They may serve us well...
 Torn Letter's Response
From Chancellor Eamon:
- Royal Guard, With great pain, I must admit that our king is no longer able to separate reason from madness. He orders the caverns to be filled with the archbishop's monstrous creations and will hear nothing else. Perhaps the legendary ancients themselves once dwelled there... but now we must desecrate their ruins.
|Monsters of Diablo III Beasts Beasts: Superunique Demons Demons: Superunique Humans Humans: Superunique Undead Undead: Superunique Objects Bosses Boss Mods Monster Info Fanmade|
Bat - Beast - Blood Hawk - Demonic Hellflyer - Electric Eel - Khazra - Lacuni - Lamprey - Quill Fiend - Rockworm - Sand Monster - Sand Shark - Sand Wasp - Scavenger - Spider - Spiderling - Swarm - Withermoth - Wood Wraith -
|Primary Quest Uniques||
Act One Bosses:
Skeleton King -
The Warden -
Strong CC (Limit 1): Knockback -- Nightmarish -- Vortex -- Jailer
|Act One Uniques||Araneae - Web Spit||Leoric - Summon Skeleton, Teleport Strike, Triple Cleave||The Butcher - Smash, Grappling Hook, Spear, Frenzy Charge|
|Act Two Uniques||Maghda - Forcefield, Summoning Ritual, Punish, Moth Dust, Teleport.||Zoltan Kulle - Fiery Boulder, Time Bubble, Ceiling Collapse, Energy Twister,Vanish, Creepy Laugh||Belial - Phase One: Triple Fireball, Summon Vipers. Phase Two: Poison Meteors, Ground Pound, Lightning Strike, Lightning Breath.|
|Act Three Uniques||Ghom - Acid Slime, Sneeze, Gas Cloud, Chomp.||Siegebreaker - Triple Hit, Charge, Leg Stomp, Grab and Throw.||Cydaea - Pain Bolts, Web Trap, Spider Pits.||Azmodan - Bellyflop, Laser Attack, Falling Corpses, Demon Gate, Pool of Destruction, Globe of Annihilation.|
|Act Four Uniques||Rakanoth - Cleave, Teleport Strike, Blade Strike, Volley, Summon Minion.||Izual - Frost Nova, Frozen, Summon Minions.|| Diablo - Phase One: Claw Rip, Charge, Hell Spikes, Shadow Vanish Grab, Curse of Destruction, Ring of Fire, Ground Stomp, Curse of Anguish, Curse of Hatred. |
Phase Two: Shadow Clone. Phase Three: Overdrive, Lightning Breath.