From Diablo Wiki
Humbart Wessel was a veteran fighter from Westmarch, making a living as a mercenary captain.
Humbart journeyed with Gregus Mazi to Ureh. Humbart wrote a scroll describing his travels with Gregus Mazi. Centuries later, Quov Tsin found Humbart's scroll during his research and collection of everything about Gregus Mazi and his magical investigations.
Humbart died, but Zayl the Necromancer used his powers on Humbart's skull and it became Zayl's personal companion and magical off-hand tool. Zayl keeps Humbart's talking skull inside his belt pouch.
This is the scroll written by Humbart Wessel to Lord Hyram of Zakarum. Quov Tsin used the information in this scroll to track down the location of Ureh, and the details on how to recreate the spellwork woven by Gregus Mazi to open the gates to ethereal Ureh:
- On the seventh day, near dusk,the passage began, Master Mazi again approached the edge of the ruins. Says I to him, that this quest’s seen no good end and we should go, but he says he’s certain this time. The shadow will touch at just the right angle. It has to.
- Master Mazi promised much gold to us and another offer none there’d take, however worthy any might think themselves. Fly up to Heaven... older now, I still wouldn’t have taken it.
- The shadow came like he said, Nymyr's hand reaching out for old Ureh. We watched, certain as before that we’d been on a fool's quest. Aah, what fools we were to believe that!
- I recall the shadow. I recall the shimmering. How the ruins suddenly looked alive again. How the lights glowed inside! Swear I still will that I heard the voices of folk, but couldn't see any!
- "I’m coming..." Those were Master Mazi's last words, but not to us, though. I remember them still, and I remember how we thought we saw the glitter of the gold that he’d told us about again and again—but not one man would enter. Not one man would follow. Master Mazi went it alone.
- We camped there, hearing the voices, hearing some of them call to us, it seemed. None of us would go, though. Tomorrow, I says to the others, tomorrow when Master Mazi comes out and shows all's well, we'll go in and get our fill. One night, it won't matter.
- And in the morning, all we saw were ruins. No lights. No voices.
- No Master Mazi.
- Lord Hyram, I writ this down like I agreed and it goes to the Zakarum—
Scroll ends abruptly, since Quov Tsin didn't need the rest of the report.
|Characters & NPCs Import. Chars Rumoured Diablo 3 NPCs Diablo 2 NPCs Diablo 1 NPCs Minor A-K Minor L-Z Fanmade|
|Diablo III's Possible NPCs|
|NPCs of Diablo II||
Achilios - Adria - Akara - Albord - Aldric Jitan - Alkor - Anya - Arkaine - Asheara - Assur - Atma - Augustus Malevolyn - Baerna - Banagar - Benjin - Brek - Buyard Cholik - Camylle - Celestia - Cornelius - Darrick Lang - Diomedes - Drognan - Edgewulf - Elora - Elzix - Emilye - Fara - Farnham - Fautzin - Galeona - Garda - Gheed - Gillian - Gorst - Greiz - Griswold - Guthwulf - Hagan - Halbu - Hanos Jeronnan - Hargo - Hays - Hratli - Hrothwulf - Humbart Wessel - Hunfrith - Hyram - Icharion - Jace - Jamella - Jerhyn - Jodas - Juris Khan - Justinian IV - Kabraxis - Kara Nightshadow - Karybdus - Kashya - Kentril Dumon - Kethryes - Korlic - Kreghn - Ku Y'leh
Lam Esen - Larzuk - Linarian - Lysander - Malah - Mat Hu-Ring - Meshif - Mirakodus - Mordecai - Natalya - Nefriti - Nellia - Nihlathak - Nor Tiraj - Norrec Vizharan - Ogden - Ord Rekar - Orlif - Ormus - Oskal - Palashia - Pepin - Qarak - Qual-Kehk - Riordan Nesardo - Sadun Tryst - Salene Nesardo - Sardak - Sarnakyle - Septumos - Simon - Talic - Taramis Volken - Tilgar - Tobio - Toko - Tylwulf - Vischar Orous - Warriv - Wirt - Wulfgar - Xazax - Zagraal - Zayl - Zorea