Flawless Square gem
From Diablo Wiki
During most of Diablo 3 Vanilla the Flawless Square was the only type of gem that dropped on the Inferno difficulty. (Prior to Patch 1.0.4, Square gems also dropped in Inferno). During much of D3v, Flawless Squares were the default gem rank and often served as a form of currency, and were the base level gem that players spoke of when describing crafting costs.
With the closure of the Auction House and the advent of D3v2, this gem is the highest that can be found in Diablo 3, and all higher rank gems must be created by upgrading Flawless Squares via the Jeweler.
- 2 Square gems (same type) + 100 gold = 1 Flawless Square gem
- 3 Flawless Square gems (same type) + 5000 gold = 1 Perfect Square gem
A full list of gems by rank. Drop levels are approximate up to 60, with some overlap between each ascending level of gem.
- Chipped gem -- Drops from level 15-20 targets.
- Flawed gem -- Drops from level 21-25 targets. ]
- Regular gem -- Drops from level 26-30 targets.
- Flawless gem -- Drops from level 31-36 targets.
- Perfect gem -- Drops from level 37-42 targets.
- Radiant gem -- Drops from level 43-48 targets.
- Square gem -- Drops from level 49-54 targets.
- Flawless Square gem -- Drops from level 55-60 targets.
- Perfect Square gem -- Upgrade only.
- Radiant Square gem -- Upgrade only.
- Star gem -- Upgrade only.
- Flawless Star gem -- Upgrade only.
- Perfect Star gem -- Upgrade only.
- Radiant Star gem -- Upgrade only.
- Marquise gem -- Upgrade only in D3: Drops lvl 61+ in Reaper of Souls.)
- Imperial gem -- RoS-only. Upgrade, or rarely drops from lvl 61+ on Master+ difficulty.
- Flawless Imperial gem -- Upgrade only. RoS only.
- Royal gem -- Upgrade only. RoS only.
- Flawless Royal gem -- Upgrade only. RoS only.
Flawless Square Gem Stats
The stats for all types of Flawless Square Gems, as of D3v2 and RoS.
|Flawless Square Amethyst||+12% Life||+34 Vitality||Each Hit Adds +65 Life|
|Flawless Square Diamond||Reduces cooldown of all skills by 7%||+34 Resistance to All Elements||Increases damage against Elites by 9%|
|Flawless Square Emerald||+19% Increased Gold Find||+34 Dexterity||Critical Hit Damage Increased by 45%|
|Flawless Square Ruby||Increases Bonus Experience by 19%||+34 Strength||+25 Damage|
|Flawless Square Topaz||19% Better Chance of Finding Magical Items||+34 Intelligence||Ranged and Melee attackers take 100 damage per hit.|
See the gems article for stats and upgrade costs for all ranks and types of gem.
|Items of Diablo III  Item Basics Normal Items Crafting Legendary Armor I Legendary Armor II Legendary Weapons 1h Legendary Weapons 2h Item Sets|
|Item Basics||Item Affixes||Interface||Artisans||Miscellaneous |
• Prefixes & Suffixes
|Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls Item Sets||Reaper of Souls only |
Crafted Item Sets
Crafted Item Sets
Themed Item Sets