From Diablo Wiki
Flawed Gems (Flawsies) are the 2nd rank of gem, with the second lowest bonuses to items. These gems begin to drop from targets around level 20, who will sometimes drop Chippies as well. Players will find Flawed gems from level 20-25ish targets, before Normal quality gems begin to drop.
Two flawed gems of the same type plus 25 gold will upgrade to a Normal gem, slightly increasing the bonuses earned by socketing the gem. Due to their low level and minimal bonuses, Flawed gems are of little value in Diablo 3 or Reaper of Souls, and only a player brand new to the game with no higher level gems available will bother to socket or collect these.
Flawed gems have no use in crafting recipes. The Jeweler can upgrade chippies to Flawed gems.
- 2 Chipped gems (same type) + 10 gold = 1 Flawed gem (same type)
- 2 Flawed gems (same type) + 25 gold = 1 Normal gem (same type)
A full list of gems by ascending rank. Drop levels are approximate up to 60, with some overlap between each ascending level of gem. For example, targets (monsters, chests, Goblins, etc) around level 42-43 will drop either Perfect gems or Radiant gems.
- Chipped gem -- Drops from level 15-20 targets.
- Flawed gem -- Drops from level 21-25 targets. ]
- Regular gem -- Drops from level 26-30 targets.
- Flawless gem -- Drops from level 31-36 targets.
- Perfect gem -- Drops from level 37-42 targets.
- Radiant gem -- Drops from level 43-48 targets.
- Square gem -- Drops from level 49-54 targets.
- Flawless Square gem -- Drops from level 55-60 targets.
- Perfect Square gem -- Upgrade only.
- Radiant Square gem -- Upgrade only.
- Star gem -- Upgrade only.
- Flawless Star gem -- Upgrade only.
- Perfect Star gem -- Upgrade only.
- Radiant Star gem -- Upgrade only.
- Marquise gem -- Upgrade only in D3: Drops lvl 61+ in Reaper of Souls.)
- Imperial gem -- RoS-only. Upgrade, or rarely drops from lvl 61+ on Master+ difficulty.
- Flawless Imperial gem -- Upgrade only. RoS only.
- Royal gem -- Upgrade only. RoS only.
- Flawless Royal gem -- Upgrade only. RoS only.
Flawed Gem Stats
|Flawed Amethyst||+6% Life||+10 Vitality||Each Hit Adds +3 Life|
|Flawed Diamond||Reduces cooldown of all skills by 4%||+10 Resistance to All Elements||Increases damage against Elites by 3%|
|Flawed Emerald||+7% Increased Gold Find||+10 Dexterity||Critical Hit Damage Increased by 15%|
|Flawed Ruby||Increases Bonus Experience by 7%||+10 Strength||+6 Damage|
|Flawed Topaz||7% Better Chance of Finding Magical Items||+10 Intelligence||Melee and Ranged attackers take 3 damage per hit.|
See the Gems article for stats and upgrade costs for every type and rank of gem.
|Items of Diablo III  Item Basics Normal Items Crafting Legendary Armor I Legendary Armor II Legendary Weapons 1h Legendary Weapons 2h Item Sets|
|Item Basics||Item Affixes||Interface||Artisans||Miscellaneous |
• Prefixes & Suffixes
|Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls Item Sets||Reaper of Souls only |
Crafted Item Sets
Crafted Item Sets
Themed Item Sets