A Stranger in Need
From Diablo Wiki
This page provides information on A Stranger in Need event.
Completion Details: Rescue the man trapped in the iron maiden.
Tormented Behemoth will begin his spawning animation once the player reaches the bottom of the pit where the iron maiden is. The event is triggered automatically by simply running by on the way to the Cursed Hold.
Inferno Zombies will spawn out of the pit during the encounter, but pose little threat. The behemoth does not appear to have any unusual boss modifiers, and behaves much as a normal unburied does, being exceptionally strong, high health, and with a knockback attack. The behemoth will drop a lore entry, and the man inside the iron maiden, Merhan, will express his lack of judgement in choosing such a device as a hiding place.
Farming for A Stranger in Need in Campaign Mode
- From the Quest Selection screen take quest 9. The Imprisoned Angel > Cursed Hold.
- Take the Waypoint from Tristram to the Halls of Agony, level 2.
- Locate the exit from level 2 to the Highlands Passage. Don't go through the door yet but check your map for a yellow dot below your position. If it's there A Stranger in Need featuring the Tormented Behemoth has spawned.
- If there is no yellow dot go out of the doorway into the Highlands Passage to get the Checkpoint then leave and "resume game"
- You will begin in Tristram with a Waypoint waiting for you that goes back to the Highlands Passage. Go back into the Halls.
- The event will only spawn next to the exit out of Halls of Agony (level 2), if it's not there don't bother looking anywhere else on the level.
- The Tormented Behemoth will drop A Prisoner's Journal which is required for A Quick Study achievement.
As of v2.0.6, there is a known bug where the Prisoner's Journal is not being dropped by the Tormented Behemoth. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11883998315
A Stranger in Need can appear as a Bounty.
A video of the event:
|Quests & Events of Diablo III  Act I Act II Act III & Act IV Act V|
|Act I Quests||Act I Events||Act I Cursed Events |
• The Fallen Star
Halls of Agony (Level 2)
|Act II Quests||Act II Events |
|Quests Act III||Events Act III||Quests Act IV |